Why not try this piggyback?

Who thinks this thread has gotten way off track and now suck really hardcore?

• Total voters
Super Matty P said:
tsk tsk, name calling is not becoming a "respected" vendor now is it???

We could go on forever but the point is the MPI/PP is s*** to install/tune. I'm sure yours is working very well as you are an ecu tuner with dyno access and all that jazz. Sadly your stuff doesn't come pre-mapped to work well.....like say the Haltech.

I love you Nick...gimme sugar baby.
And you know this because of what? Did you ever install the MPI system, yes or no? Pre-tune is BS. You cannot pre-tune and still be 100% spot on. Any MPI user can get any of over 50 maps from any of the many members on the forum that use them. All it takes is a download and go, even you should be able to do that. Show me any Haltech that makes anywhere near the power that the MPI is. Matter of fact show me any dyno sheet with any EMS that is making more power then a MPI car.

yup peak horsepower number is what it's all about. reliability, ease of installation, ease of tune, driveability, features, cost, upgradeablility, options...none of that is important.

I want to have your child Nick....you're my hero.

PR5Matt said:
I am just looking for some N/A fuel and ignition control which I think the SMT is perfect for.
Not as perfect as it needs to be. When we first started with the Protege we used the SMT6. It did not work right. Thats why we have the MPI Tuner. As before in other threads. It has been tried by other members on this forum. No one still runs it because it will not work the same.

We are a full Perfect Power dealer. We can sell you the SMT-6 if you want. Software, cables and everything that you need to get your car running. You will have problems with it so you cannot return it for a refund. I will give you 30 days to try it and upgrade it to the MPI Tuner. If you go the turbo way later on you can get our trade in the NA for a TM and you are set.

Being an NA car the MPI Tuner NA is cheeper then the turbo setup. Plus we have had them on sale all month. You are not getting as good of a deal as you think. Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

Super Matty P said:
tsk tsk, name calling is not becoming a "respected" vendor now is it???

We could go on forever but the point is the MPI/PP is s*** to install/tune. I'm sure yours is working very well as you are an ecu tuner with dyno access and all that jazz. Sadly your stuff doesn't come pre-mapped to work well.....like say the Haltech.

I love you Nick...gimme sugar baby.
It's a forum, not a church - one of the nice things about this forum is how open things truly are here.

If you like I can post a link for you to view my penis?

Is that enough sugar for you, baby?

Super Matty P said:
yup peak horsepower number is what it's all about. reliability, ease of installation, ease of tune, driveability, features, cost, upgradeablility, options...none of that is important.

Lets see, we make more peak WHP, more lowend torque. Unlike the big injectors we idle clean and good. We start right up even in the cold. Most people can install them in under 2 hours. I do not see any other system that can do what we do at even two times the price. Again, did you ever install a MPI, yes or no? Did you ever tune an MPI, yes or no?

Super Matty P said:

How long have you been working on that supercharger setup? I've yet to see a dyno sheet, quarter mile run, or even a video of the car driving at this point.

Reliability, ease of installation, ease of tune, driveability, features, cost, upgradability, options...where are you on these things?

Super Matty P said:
Sorry to disappoint you, but Nick is straight, married with children - and quite happy.

I did you a favor though and checked your profile, interestingly enough, you are married. Still, I'm not one to judge, if you feel the need to feel the warmth of another man - hey, that's all you. While I might joke about it quite a bit - it's not for me. But, in the interests of helping a fellow forum member, I'll pass on your IM and email to a few gay friends of mine. I'm sure they know a few mailing lists that will get you started.

Micah said:
How long have you been working on that supercharger setup? I've yet to see a dyno sheet, quarter mile run, or even a video of the car driving at this point.

Reliability, ease of installation, ease of tune, driveability, features, cost, upgradability, options...where are you on these things?

you obviously haven't read any of my threads. It is not complete at this point. This is not my own fault or doing. I've had several delays that are beyond my control and if you think parts delays mean I'm making an inferior product then you're an idiot.

Don't worry. I'll have no problem posting my info as it becomes available. I also look forward to seeing how many problem threads I have tied to my name as MPNick has attached to his.

Super Matty P said:
you obviously haven't read any of my threads. It is not complete at this point. This is not my own fault or doing. I've had several delays that are beyond my control and if you think parts delays mean I'm making an inferior product then you're an idiot.

Don't worry. I'll have no problem posting my info as it becomes available. I also look forward to seeing how many problem threads I have tied to my name as MPNick has attached to his.
Actually, I've been reading your threads for quite a while, and I'm looking forward to seeing someone actually get a supercharger kit out. When is really the issue at hand. Just as parts delayed is out of your control - people not wiring the unit correctly is out of Nick's control. In most threads where there has been an MPI problem, it has been other MPI users (along with Nick) that have chimed in and helped people figure out where the installation problem is.

I hope your supercharger gets a well enough installed userbase that you can see the day when customers are able to help each other as well as ask you for help.

Oh, and yes - I'm an idiot - fortunately the IT industry pays me anyway.

Ignorance is bliss - and I'm grinning ear to ear. Got a doubt? Read my sig.

wiring issue's aside what about the problems with tuning? I'm friends with Captain KRM and several others here and they have all expressed problems with the tuning. It's difficult to tune, it loses the maps randomly, compatibility issues. I'm not basing on this on first hand knowledge of course just what the customers are saying. I looked around, did my homework and chose the Haltech. I don't need additonal injectors with my unit but should I need more fuel I just use larger injectors and the Haltech has NO issue dealing with it. Stock Fuel system is plenty fine for 250whp and thats about as far as I'd ever want to push the stock block. When I swapped my forged motor in (wagner block) I'll be sure to crank it all the way up to get some peak numbers. However, if my tiny bd-600 doesn't break 300whp All I have to do is use a BD-11A or Bd-12 and drop it back down to 6-9psi. The blower I'm using is powerdyne's "baby blower" for entry level boost.

I think the AFR's are going to be much nicer on my unit than almost any other turbo unit (aside form hiboost for obvious reasons!)

My 0.02. If the MPI is the "most used" Piggy on this forum, then you would think it would have had all the bugs worked out from all the input from the users. (Just a general statement, not bashing at all. Dont flame, just a general statement)

Super Matty P said:

So here you are saying driveability and reliability is important, but in the N/A thread on the MPi you said it aint s*** without dyno's, Can you make up your mind.

PR5Matt--I had the SMT-6 in my car when MPI first came out with a turbo setup and piggyback. It was a pain in the ass and didn't work for s***. You couldn't advance timing or get a reliable tune because it used the sensors wrong and wouldn't work consistantly. I had nothing but problems working with on the unit with Nick. So he went to PP and had them make a special box with different HW and also made different SW to talk to the MPI box so it would work. Nick came up with this setup and had PP modify it for him only. The SMT-6 doesn't work for s*** on our cars and if you got one from Bob, you would have those issues too. Try the SMT-6 if you want, but you will be wasting your money. Also, go ahead and try to load the MPI SW in the SMT-6 if you think it's the same.

All of these B.S. threads on how people are having issues with it has nothing to do with the unit. It has to do with their cars, they way they wired it, bad parts on the car already and shity computers. The unit does not lock up or lose settings if you have a decent laptop. You can get a perfect tune if your car has no previous issues. It's all in how you wire it up and follow instructions. Name a person who had issues and you will see other issues that they still have.

I had mine tuned so well that my car ran like STOCK. I know this because I am helping Nick with a different setup and I'm not controlling the stock injectors for now. My car drives NO DIFFERENT now, then how it did when I controlled the stock injectors. I listen and do what's supposed to be done. I make sure I don't have any other issues with my car and I have a good laptop.

Super Matty P said:
wiring issue's aside what about the problems with tuning? I'm friends with Captain KRM and several others here and they have all expressed problems with the tuning. It's difficult to tune, it loses the maps randomly, compatibility issues. I'm not basing on this on first hand knowledge of course just what the customers are saying. I looked around, did my homework and chose the Haltech. I don't need additonal injectors with my unit but should I need more fuel I just use larger injectors and the Haltech has NO issue dealing with it. Stock Fuel system is plenty fine for 250whp and thats about as far as I'd ever want to push the stock block. When I swapped my forged motor in (wagner block) I'll be sure to crank it all the way up to get some peak numbers. However, if my tiny bd-600 doesn't break 300whp All I have to do is use a BD-11A or Bd-12 and drop it back down to 6-9psi. The blower I'm using is powerdyne's "baby blower" for entry level boost.

I think the AFR's are going to be much nicer on my unit than almost any other turbo unit (aside form hiboost for obvious reasons!)
The Haltech does seem like a good unit. But when it has to fire the injectors in batch, instead of sequential, I don't care for it. You don't NEED xtra injectors with the MPI, it's recommended for higher boost levels. I have yet to hear of a car running well with larger injectors in the stock location. Someone who lives in a place that get's the full range of climates and stuff. People "say" it runs good, but does it run like stock?

I'm tired of people talking s*** about something they no nothing of. And also people saying s*** doesn't work because THEY can't figure it out, have other issues, don't check things right or install something wrong or BACKWARDS!!!

boostisgood said:
My 0.02. If the MPI is the "most used" Piggy on this forum, then you would think it would have had all the bugs worked out from all the input from the users. (Just a general statement, not bashing at all. Dont flame, just a general statement)
There are no "bugs" with it, just with some of the users. Nick try's to come up with new things people ask for, but they can't use it so it's called a "bug". It does everything it's supposed to do. People complained that they didn't like how agressive the TM came on to supply extra fuel through the stockers, so Nick chanegd it. The reason he even came up with that is because people didn't want the extra cost of injectors. So now, to run more boost, you need xtra injectors because of that. You only hear from the same few people about how it doesn't work, so you only focus on them. What about all of the others who don't have issue? Do you think Sony as 100% customer satisfaction? Some people don't get it.

To get a unit "pre-mapped" is s***. No 2 cars are the same and you will just be getting a bad tune. Nick can give you a map already done so you can drive around. But to get the most out of it, you need to tune it for YOUR application. After all, isn't that what's it's about, getting YOUR car to run better?

so you think any hiboost car with the premapped haltech is s***? That is what you just said. I just want to make sure we're clear on this. Anything with a pre-mapped ecu is s***? ok, gotcha.

what was I saying about driveability and dyno's?? maybe you don't understand the difference between someone who is saying that their car "feels" better and someone who has a better driving car. It's pyscho-symantic.

i notice there is still no dyno for his car....i bet if he shows up with a 164whp you guys won't doubt him but you will doubt the wagner cams.....funny how that works out.

Super Matty P said:
so you think any hiboost car with the premapped haltech is s***? That is what you just said. I just want to make sure we're clear on this. Anything with a pre-mapped ecu is s***? ok, gotcha.

what was I saying about driveability and dyno's?? maybe you don't understand the difference between someone who is saying that their car "feels" better and someone who has a better driving car. It's pyscho-symantic.

i notice there is still no dyno for his car....i bet if he shows up with a 164whp you guys won't doubt him but you will doubt the wagner cams.....funny how that works out.
I said that the Haltech firing in batch was s***, in my eyes. I would rather keep it sequential if I can. Pre-mapped is a good BASELINE, you mean to say that you can't tune the Haltech to run better on your car then how it came? If not, then you don't need to be tuning it and should stick with the pre-mapped stuff. Also the MPI doesn't.....nevermind, this is not a who's does what.

The N/A guy SAID it feels and drives better. Here's his quote:
Fade said:
Drivability has improved big time. Mid range pull is nice.
Good enough for ya?

Fade said:
Yeah the powerband is smoother but at wot there is deff more power there.
Fade said:
Car is running great. No probs what so ever.

I think I have a map that works really well. My mileage has gone up a bit too. As long as I can stay off the pedal.
Some more for you.

So how can you said, in that thread, that it's worthless without dyno's and come in this one and say driveabilitly and such are important?

Super Matty P said:
so you think any hiboost car with the premapped haltech is s***?
Funny how hiboost has yet to post a dyno sheet on his own car. It would be nice to see the A/F ratios.

Last edited:
Bigg Tim said:
Some more for you.

So how can you said, in that thread, that it's worthless without dyno's and come in this one and say driveabilitly and such are important?
BTW that was a base map that fade got, and it runs great. I personally have done 3 MSPs lately, guess what? They all work great.

Micah said:
It's a forum, not a church - one of the nice things about this forum is how open things truly are here.

If you like I can post a link for you to view my penis?

Is that enough sugar for you, baby?
This place is like a church. When you blasphemy the wrong people.

Focus said:
BTW that was a base map that fade got, and it runs great. I personally have done 3 MSPs lately, guess what? They all work great.
Funny how s*** works when it's done right?!?!?!

And WOW, a base map without even having an N/A car to tune it on, sooo he doesn't know what he's doing? And the car runs better since he modified the map. A pre-tuned unit is basically a unit with a base map. I bet his base map didn't run rich like the others!

Back