Why not try this piggyback?

Who thinks this thread has gotten way off track and now suck really hardcore?

• Total voters
Yes..that's what the MPI is. The MPI is modified to work on our cars though.

Someone tried to install the regular smt6 and found that it was more trouble than it was worth.

Just wondering as this is a good price. I contacted IDA to see if they had any experience with the 5 directly.

which no'ones been able to do well yet!! hahahaha

I still belong to the philosophy that you should spend a little extra and save money in the long haul. Too many mpi-problem threads out there for me to feel comfortable handing over $650.

p.s. Patrick...your sig...how funny. "MAM, no other choice"....thats too funny. That's like saying "Water, it's not wet"

Super Matty P said:
which no'ones been able to do well yet!! hahahaha

I still belong to the philosophy that you should spend a little extra and save money in the long haul. Too many mpi-problem threads out there for me to feel comfortable handing over $650.
I also see more threads about how great the MPI Tuner works.

You see more threads about the MPI Tuner because it is the most used system on this forum. The more you have the more you talk have about it.

Please show me one post where the problem was with the MPI Tuner. Everytime it has always come back to the MPI was not installed right or the car had a problem. You know this anyway. You just like to post BS because you are an ass.

tsk tsk, name calling is not becoming a "respected" vendor now is it???

We could go on forever but the point is the MPI/PP is s*** to install/tune. I'm sure yours is working very well as you are an ecu tuner with dyno access and all that jazz. Sadly your stuff doesn't come pre-mapped to work well.....like say the Haltech.

I love you Nick...gimme sugar baby.

I E-MAILED PERFECT POER USA (IDA) AND THEY SAID THAT I CAN GET A CUSTOM CONFIGURED SMT6 FOR THE PROTEGE FOR $75 EXTRA.

BTW, IF THE MPI IS FROM THE SAME NICK WHO SELLS MERKUR STUFF THROUGH MODERN PERFORMANCE, THEN I WOULD NOT BUY OFF OF HIM FOR THAT. MY BROTHER IN-LAW BOUGHT A PRO-M MAF CONVERSION FROM HIM FOR WAY TOO MUCH MONEY, NO SUPPORT, AND THE THING WAS A JOKE AFTER HE GOT AROUND 300WHP. HE HAD TO GO STAND-ALONE.

I KNOW THIS WILL GET SOME s*** STARTED, BUT HOPEFULLY THIS IS A DIFFERENT NICK...

PR5Matt said:
I E-MAILED PERFECT POER USA (IDA) AND THEY SAID THAT I CAN GET A CUSTOM CONFIGURED SMT6 FOR THE PROTEGE FOR $75 EXTRA.
Will that do ignition on the proteges (unlike the normal SMT-6)? Will it have sensor calibration?

BTW, IF THE MPI IS FROM THE SAME NICK WHO SELLS MERKUR STUFF THROUGH MODERN PERFORMANCE,
He is.

THEN I WOULD NOT BUY OFF OF HIM FOR THAT. MY BROTHER IN-LAW BOUGHT A PRO-M MAF CONVERSION FROM HIM FOR WAY TOO MUCH MONEY, NO SUPPORT, AND THE THING WAS A JOKE AFTER HE GOT AROUND 300WHP. HE HAD TO GO STAND-ALONE.
The MPI tuner works well for most depending on how it's used, but it does have it's limitations (all piggybacks do).

It sounds like the service for the MPI is okay, so maybe things have changed. About your questions, I don't know, but I'll try to find out tomorrow.

Super Matty P said:
tsk tsk, name calling is not becoming a "respected" vendor now is it???

if dick cheney can swear and get mad, i think its ok for the general public to be too.

yeah, we know that Dick Cheney and the Bush administration is one to be setting examples of proper behaviour......:rolleyes:

p.s. I remember in other threads I was bashed for picking on someone else and was told that vendors should be polite and respectful....I guess the rules change when it's your boy at fault though. Good for you guys.

p.p.s. I sure hope Beau never changes from the MPI to another form of EMS...cause then all you guys will have to change your story about how great the Mpi is.

PS- im backing him not because we have a connection, thats how i feel

and I've told my honest truth- It is a nice unit for the price, it didnt suit me.

Last edited:
Back