A mind of its own???

loccusst

:
2003 Yellow Mazda Protege5 Autostick
I was driving yesterday and when I let up on the accelerator the tac pulsed a couple of times and the car actually moved forward with the tac pulse. It was kinda like the cruise control was sparadicaly kicking in. This is the first time it's ever happened so I am taking the protege 5 in tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone had experianced this or knew of anyone on here who has? It is a sportshifter tranny so I am sure if anything it might be the tranny or the cruise maybe?

loccusst said:
I was driving yesterday and when I let up on the accelerator the tac pulsed a couple of times and the car actually moved forward with the tac pulse. It was kinda like the cruise control was sparadicaly kicking in. This is the first time it's ever happened so I am taking the protege 5 in tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone had experianced this or knew of anyone on here who has? It is a sportshifter tranny so I am sure if anything it might be the tranny or the cruise maybe?

ya, my protege 5 acts up as well, usually if I'm at a stoplight and if I don't put the car in park and hold on the brake, the engine will just shut off as I am sitting there. It's completely random, but I can start it back up. I Just don't want to take it to mazda because they will say that I have voided the warrenty with my headers lol

SlimMilkMan327 said:
ya, my protege 5 acts up as well, usually if I'm at a stoplight and if I don't put the car in park and hold on the brake, the engine will just shut off as I am sitting there. It's completely random, but I can start it back up. I Just don't want to take it to mazda because they will say that I have voided the warrenty with my headers lol

(braindead

You didn't void your warranty. The have to prove that caused the problem. If they tell you it voided the warranty the are B.S.ing you and call 'em on it.

i was told the same thing about having a header, if i have a problem i am going to insatll the stock manifold then take it to the dealer.

Back