Report Car Problems Here.....Everyone!

NC_MP3

Hey guys,

Please reply here and report any problems you have had with you MP3/Protege/5. I want to make a list of all problems and what was done to fix it. This may could even be a prt of the site if enry or antoine like the idea.

Just post your location, year and model of car, the problem you had and what was done.

Anything from broken tranny to windows not rolling up.

Thanks

2001 MP3
NC
Tranny stuck in 4th, even in neutral it is in 4th.
Taking it to Mazda Thurs

I know of 2 other people that had the exact same problem.

[ 02-19-2002: Message edited by: NC_MP3 ]

1.squeek, clunk and ping noise on all four corners
2. grinding when shifted into 3rd
3. rattle in rear window
4. Sub makes noises when turned all the way down

1. clunk (rear only), squeak/ping from all four corners
2. nasty whistle sound when hitting gas (at all speeds)
Nothing done yet. Taking it in Friday.
nothing else too serious

gee, the CLUNK is my only one.

yes my rear window creaks, but only when it's REALLY cold....this is normal for any car

the bushings on all 4 corners only when the car is cold....this is also normal for highend suspensions.

but THE CLUNK...... I HATE THE CLUNK

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

laser blue mp3

1. Pulls hard to the right(even with snow tires on)
2. Grinding into 3rd gear (new gear scyros)
3. 2 new z919, power to display but no power to speakers.
4.drivers side window only goes down 2/3 the way. (taking it in weds) was told its is foam insulation stuck in track.
5. Clunking and squeeking from shocks
6. ticks occasionaly when ideling.

1.whistle sound from front windshield when in highway speed.
2.sway bar noises when cold.
3."Clunking and squeeking from shocks."as well.
:confused:

Arizona
2001 Mazda MP3

1. Oil blow from the area by the belts.

( Mazda said problem was not detected but
did wipe the oil off of the plastic
valve cover) Wow thanks I wouldnt know
what to do if they didnt do that! :eek:

2. Had whistling windshield above 80 MPH.

( Mazda could not test drive the vehicle
above 55 MPH so they wrote that the
whistling was undetectable since they
could only drive 55 MPH.) I threw a
b**** fit and the next day I had a
proffesional glass repair man at my
door to fix the problem. I listed the
fix on a earlier post. You can look it
up in my recent posts.

3. Squeaky struts or bushings when its cold.

( Mazda said everything looked ok to
them and could not detect any problems.
Tey closed the issue as no repair
needed. ) The damn car still squeeks.

4. Factory tint peeling on back window.

( Mazda sent me to this place down the
street from the dealership. The tint
shop denied they tinted my car. Drove
back to Mazda and have been waiting
to hear ever since.. bout a month )
But hey since then I have thrown 5% on
the front windows since they were 20%.
The rest of the car is 5% so I prob
voided the tint warranty.

Havent been back since. Engine has a tick and I want to get the bushings fixed so they stop sqwakin. Other than that no probs..

Asta,
Ryan

Laser Blue Mica MP3
Vancouver, B.C.

1)Stupid Clunk!!!! ERR!
2)Squeeks from front on cold days...
3)Handbrake makes huge creaking noises like its gonna let go when parked on steep hills
4)driver side window makes ssqueeking noise(fixed)

Problems:
1) rear suspention squeaking when cold...clunking started about a month ago, front started about to squeak about 2 months ago.
Dealership response: We'll have to talk to our tech line and see what they suggest...have been bugging them for 5 months now, still no resolution. I was told to bring it by on a cold day so a mechanic could ride along to hear it...Hooray!
2)Ticking through the front and rear speakers when the radio is at low volumes...sounds like computer pulses for the fuel injectors to me.
Dealership response: we can't heat it, after some bitching they reluctantly tried a new radio...still clicking. Again they would talk to their tech line...after 6 months of "we haven't received any other complaints about this, and since it isn't a Mazda radio we don't know where to start." The dealership finally agreed to let me take it to my local stereo shop to get this repaired but said that I would probably void my warranty.
3)Transmission is very difficult to get into 1st gear when it is cold, moving or still.
Dealership response: Claimed to have put synthetic gear oil in...made no difference at all. Once again, talked to tech line...and you guessed it...they have no idea what to do to correct this.

I am thinking that their tech line is a piece of string in the bathroom the mechanics consult with a multitude of problems ranging from how to repair cars to how to pass that exam for 5th grade math class. An untrained monkey with a whiffle ball bat stands a better chance of fixing my car than these idiots...but I'm not bitter. :mad:

Rotors bad in the front. That caused the tires to knot up in about five different places. I already put 12134 miles up damn new rotors and tires. By the way no one in my town has that size tire. Not even the dealer.!!!
Whistle at high speed only when the wind hits right. The noise stops as soon as I get behind another car.

1. Cold Weather Creak/Crunch(only detectable on front when going over bumps)

2. Volume control on Z828 would sometimes be hard to change. Dealer ordered a new faceplate and it's all good now.

blue mp3
North Carolina

1. the clunk

2. when i first got the car the back bumper cover was loose, easily fixed with a screw diver though, but still that thing should of been tight when i bought it.

3. windsheld wistle at about 80 to 90mph, can get really annoying at constant high speeds.

4. Transmission is a b**** to get to shift into 2nd, and ocasionally grinds going into 3rd. also its difficult to get it to shift into reverse some times, even if i am already rolling backwards.

1) Suspension squeaks when cold.
2) Clunking noise in back. Fixed by replacing sway bar.
3) My z919 is broken... its not a z828 :D

Chris

1) The clunk (again)
2) Skweeking front susp. over bumps
3) Hard to get in 1st gear on cold day and hard to smoothly shift to second (clutch engages to quick)

Hello

1. Clunking - to be fixed by special order parts. The revised bushings that everyone knows about and also a rr susp. plate? Don't know what it is for but I can get a part number if anyone is interested.

2. My z919 wasn't a z828 either. There is a fix though. If the z919 HAPPENED to blow the outputs then it would need to be replaced..... under warranty. It's not my fault the 919 isn't made anymore, so I am enjoying my new 828! Haha.

3. Bitched enough, so that the dealer would replace my drivers floor mat due to the pad coming unglued. Received 4 new mats! Yay.

2001 Laser Blue MP3

Imfamous Clunking in rear
Subwoofer Dont Work damnit! :(
2nd Gear hard to shift into when moving.

Thats all I found so far

Hi All!

These are my gripes:

1. Driver's floor mat foot pad came unglued. Mazda replaced as a warranty fix.

2. I wish the car had a proper coin holder. I use the ashtry, but really, it would be nice to have something actually designed to hold coins.

3. I get the bushing squeak when it's cold.

4. I recently started experiencing The Clunk - wow, how annoying is that?!?!

5. The windshied seems to be soft or something - I have two stone chips that have made small cracks in the windshield. My last car was a Pontiac that had 165000 miles and that never happened once. I have 8000 miles on the MP3.

6 . I have been getting a grind into 3rd lately. Not too bad though.

7. We should have cruise control.

That's all I can think of right now.

Back