What im missing to squeeze more hp of my 3?

TX2000

:
Mazda 3 MS sedan
Ok for now im a lil broke...
Im in line to get one of those turbo kits, but before that waht else i can do??

I have new piping (stock header and cats)...

Aem Cai...

ETB coolant bypass...

And grounding wires (not for hp gains but i did it anyways..

So what else?? hmmmm....

any of you guys have removed this cat? If so how to? and does this produce a CEL?

Thanks
PRBOY3

well if you can find some money check out what wagnermotorsports.net has. A complete header,down pipe and mid pipe section for the protege and its nice all stainless just saw it there .

ya but they are talking abt the 3 2nd cat no cell..... just go to a muffler shop and have them make you a catback (or buy a pre-fabbed one) and then have a friend with a welder take your #2 cat off and weld in a new piece to join your header straight to the catback........ or just take the #2 cat off and stick a lead pipe thru the middle of it to hollow it out (looks stock)

Last edited:
Greenbread said:
im retarted but what is a cat?

Catalytic converter. Part of the exhaust system that controls the amount of pollution that spews from your tailpipe.

Since we're talking about the cat, I just ordered the draxas exhaust w/ hi-flow cat.....good idea, bad idea, any takers?

Keeping the cat is always a good idea. High-flow cat is an even better idea.

I've pondered ordering the Draxas system myself. Let us know how it turns out.

Thanks for the input, but quick question..are you referring to it being a good idea performance-wise, or for the police? I ask b/c I know alot of people are worried about emmissions, but there's no problem w/ that in Florida..woohoo!

the draxas system is amazing. I am enjoying every minute of it. Tho I am one that likes to hear to engine sound, if you don't like it, it might be a little loud for comfort.

Fobby thanks for the input! Do you have the base system or the one w/ the hi-flow cat? And hows the performance on the car now? Loose anything on the low end? How was the install? Simple or shop worthy? Mine's on back order, so I'm trying to get any last minute info I can in case I need to cancel. But Draxas seems to be the only on ew/ 2.5inch piping

I have heard nothing but rave reviews about Draxas from everyone that has installed the system.

I plan on picking one up this summer. :D

i feel the car is a lot smoother thru out the rpms. No HUGE performence gain, but my butt dyno is making me happy. I have the one with the high flow cat since the off road pipe will be way too loud for my liking.

I took it to a muffler shop to get it done since I dont' have a lift, and i don't have any thing to cut off the old exhaust. It's doable with jackstands but I took it to a shop just because I do not have the tools and 2 set of hands.

Back