Has this happened to anyone else?

Speedplease

:
2003 Black GT Mustang
Ok so I bought my car back in may of '03. Ive had my fair share of problems and such, but I really cant complain cause my dealership has always done the right thing even though i have intake and exhaust. So anyway my deck finally succumbed to the fatal death like most others, I call the dealer explain what happened and he says fine no problem give me two weeks and ill have a new deck. He then perceeds to tell me that they are no longer a Mazdaspeed dealer and this is the last thing they can do for me under warranty work. So what im pissed about is when i bought my car there were 3 Mspeed dealers now within a year and a half there is only 1 left! So now if that one closes i will have to travel hours to get my car fixed or go out of state. This seems Like bulls*** to me! Plus the only dealer left is an hour and a half away!!!

Same thing for me too, my dealership is an hour or so away, but I have a local Mazda dealership around me. I thought I heard from the Mazda dealership that they can work on the MSP, that they no longer have to be a MazdaSpeed dealership to work on your car. Just what I think I remember hearing, I need to check into this because I need some work done.

Matt

well i live 5 min from a mazda dealership and they said they cant work on my car because mazda wont send them any parts for a mazdaspeed car.

Umm, they can still do warrenty work on your car, so long as it isn't Mazdaspeed specific...but for things like turbo, they have to be..also, for minor Mazdaspeed things, like bushings they can do.

Closest dealer to my house won't touch my car. I have to go nearly an hour for a Mazdaspeed dealership.

The stuff about Mazda not shipping them parts is BS, though, I get MSP specific parts for my car at the same place that won't touch it.

Sometimes it had to do with the techs that work there. Some people here have had their cars serviced but it took awhile since the dealership had to bring in a Mazdaspeed tech. Funny since nothing on this car is really advance or beyond what a typical service dealership should be able to handle. Its a protege with a basic turbo slap on, not some exotic car. But who knows Mazda doesn't seem to rank up there in the service department skills.

I'll tell ya one thing. I've learned about buying a new car. The next one I buy new will be from a dealer near me. The closest Maz Sp dealer is over 40 minutes away. I find myself saying " I'll just fix it" too much hassel to bring the car there, miss work, get it back there after they get parts....sucks.

my dealership is about 40 mins away as well but I dont mind driving up there to be hoenst. There is a regular Mazda dealership about 10 mins away but I stopped by one day and they were like wow that 6 looks different what did you do to it. Then another time they thought it wan't even a mazda . So I dont think I would really trust them. As far as parts, when my car got wrecked my body shop went through the local mazda dealership, but they had to get all the parts from the place I take my car 40 mins away. So basically yeah they weren't allowed to order them directly.

Pfffs, you have nothing to complain about. The closest Mazdaspeed dealer to me has always been over 2 HOURS away. F-ing Mazda. My "local" non-Mazdaspeed dealer will work on my car as long as it's not "Mazdaspeed specific".

Don't bring it to a dealer... talk to them and get them to give you the warranty parts, then do the work yourself. Much simpler.

Agreed. Wish my 'speed dealer wasn't 175 miles away (and that's also the closest dealer to me).

Back