touchscreen

Does anyone have a touchscreen video monitor in the place where there head unit would go and move your head unit somewhere else?

bloeser33615 said:
Does anyone have a touchscreen video monitor in the place where there head unit would go and move your head unit somewhere else?
One of the members here does, here is a picture of his setup.

lilliput-car.jpg

You can do a carputer setup and getthe screen cheaper but its not really a plug and play car audio electronics.
Companies like kenwood and pioneer seel them for around $1000+

as for relocating the cd player i made a nasty lil spot for it where the cup holders used to b ill post pix a lil later

any chance of being able to do that and fiberglass a place for the headunit where the lighter and ash tray are?

You can do anything with fiberglass, if you have money.

Are you talking about below where the cig lighter and ash tray or.. where they are?

Dexter (bryan) and Ken of protegegarage lore both have it done. Bryan chopped out his lighter/ashtray and mounted his HU there, I'll see if I can make him come post a pic of it. Ken's is simply below the ashtray/lighter thing. EIther way you're giving up alot of cupholder access and the supports need to be "dented' to allow room for a HU to slide in there. Crap if my computer didn't crash the otherday I'da had pics for you right now....

old headunit:
mp919-installed-3.jpg

new headunit:
IM003994.JPG

i still need to clean up the sides on this one, but im putting yet another device under the headunit and glassing into the cup holders...so..its all waiting.

this is the one I made;
dsc01252.jpg

did not have to cut the cig lighter section out to install the radio

Back