MP3 Diesel?

jsesq

I was showing my car to a friend the other night and we had the car running with the hood open and I noticed that the engine sounded like a very nice diesel at idle.

Kind of like a VW TDI.

Anyone else notice this?

You have some bad rod bearings. Have you ever ran the car low on oil? Your car should NOT sound like a diesel. You definetely have something wrong.

Just so you know - it doesn't sound like a Kenworth - it's more like a quiet ticking.

I have never run the car low on oil. What are rod bearings? Why would that be the cause of this noise? How does running low on oil effect them? Can they be fixed?

it's more like a quiet ticking.
It's probably one of the wrist pins. A few people had to get theirs replaced because of the same ticking. You should definetely go have it fixed under warranty. If you have a CAI of anything else engine mod related, you may want to take it off before going in though.

probably nothing wrong I think hes talking about the very very subtle ticking that is assocated with most 4 bangers. or maybe he just needs to adjust his valves?

The only ticking you should hear is when the A/C compressor comes on. These valves wont tick, we have solid lifters, not hydraulic. I'd get it checked out if I were you.

Naw, I think his car is ok. Mine made some similar sounds, even after it was rebuilt. Accually the FS engine was originally designed to be a truck engine.

why do i keep seeing all these bad stories about mp3's....
mine has just broken 10,000 and is running perfectly. the only thing i have noticed is when i drop out of my garaga (there about a inch slope into my garage) the front suspension squeaks but thats something that i should expect to hear. there is nothing wrong with my mp3. it also does very well in the rain and in cold weather. i dont know what everyone is bitching about... maybe ill find out when i get more miles. i always use cheveron 93 octane premium fuel and i use MOBIL1 super synthetic motor oil. i also replace my oil filter with k&N gold filters every 3,000 miles.

Back