HOW TO - Turbo Oil Lines

good to know, this how to came very handy when purchasing my lines

thanks brian

JCell said:
good to know, this how to came very handy when purchasing my lines

thanks brian

No problem..

I did a couple of these as I hit problems with my install in 2003 on....

Hopefully to prevent the wasted man-hours in research for a second and/or third+ time..

By no means is this the only solution... I hope that if anyone has ideas, pleas post them here.

one of my ideas was to run half the stock return line since i don't have a 1/2 tap, so a 10an hose fits tightly over the first half of the pipe, the second half will be using the fitting and welded to the oil pan

it works so i'm happy

i hope that made sense, posting from a cell phone...

Brian,

What bit did you use to drill the return hole on the crank support plate?

I will need the type and size of drill bit/tap for the 1/2" NPT hole.

I think the size is 23/32 tap bit. Can you confirm this because I know nothing in regards to the tap sizes. Thanks!

P.S. If you can link the part to purchase that would be even better!! (lol2)

Last edited:
Dude, You Do Not want to buy that part... The tap is like $100

Just borrow it from a local shop or have them do it..

The drill comes with the tap...

Brian MP5T said:
Dude, You Do Not want to buy that part... The tap is like $100

Just borrow it from a local shop or have them do it..

The drill comes with the tap...

Yeah figured it was one of those 2 in 1 drill/taps. Thanks for the info.

i broke the tap going into the back of my block off doing this...lesson? never over torque >.<

I was thinking I might have to use a 'T' fitting and plug both sensors into the same 'T'...

Does anyone know the thread pitch and length of the stock oil pressure sending unit?

I need to know this so I may purchase the correct 'T' fitting in order to hook up both sensors. I don't have a second car so I can't take out the sending unit to find out.

I know I need a male (1/8) for the block but don't know the thread pitch for the females into which each sending unit (stock and after-market) will be screwed.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Last edited:
djarkitek said:
i broke the tap going into the back of my block off doing this...lesson? never over torque >.<

Why were you tapping the back of the block? The MBSP (Main Bearing Support Plate) is aluminum, you should have no problems drilling it and tapping it. I did mine while it was still on the car. I used an angle drill and a 22/32" bit which had it's shank reduced to fit the chuck of the angle drill. Tapping the hole 1/2" NPT using a t-handle was the easy part.

CrazyCaker said:
Why were you tapping the back of the block? The MBSP (Main Bearing Support Plate) is aluminum, you should have no problems drilling it and tapping it. I did mine while it was still on the car. I used an angle drill and a 22/32" bit which had it's shank reduced to fit the chuck of the angle drill. Tapping the hole 1/2" NPT using a t-handle was the easy part.

I think it was oil feed line..

The tap can be purchased at Ace for 16.49, but they do not have the drill bit. Will have to go somewhere else for that.

Stock #1905
Tap 1/2-14 NPT Pipe

SO i replaced my MSP motor with a motor off a 2002 protege.Is this the procdure i should take to run all the lines to get the turbo running properly????

how thick is the crank support plate? is thread locker enough to seal it or would it need a nut on one side of the crank plate?

A%20Project%20-%20%283%29.jpg

hehe... probably a stupid question but what is that big thing tapped into the line?

cool... thanks... well i guess i have one of those sitting in a box in my garage... must be for the autometer oil pressure gauge thats also sitting in a box in my garage...

That's the older style I believe. AutoMeter updated it. I think I posted about this somewhere in this thread, or maybe it was in my build thread...?

Back