HOW TO - Turbo Oil Lines

yashart_mp3 said:
I thought that the back of the block used a 1/8 BSPT thread, and that the standard 1/8th NPT fitting would not fit this thread...

can you point me to exactly what adapter/fitting i need? thanks!

Worked for me YALL.

if u are lookin for a fitting to go into the block, u can try the one that i used, which is located at www.tunertoys.com and just click on the oil lines on the left hand side of the page, and then look for the oil take off piece. used it wit my turbo setup and it works like a champ, no leaks! it has the right thread pitch for the block and the pressure sender, a take off for the oil feed line, as well as a take off in npt if u happen to have an oil pressure gauge. my two cents
craig

Brian, did you cut your own hose? You ordered the 6ft hose, but had to put the T in the middle for the oil pressure sensor. How did you put the fittings on the end?

Also, what fitting is that you used on the actual block?

Last edited:
Rogue said:
Brian, did you cut your own hose? You ordered the 6ft hose, but had to put the T in the middle for the oil pressure sensor. How did you put the fittings on the end?

Also, what fitting is that you used on the actual block?

The hose was cut with a dremel cutting wheel. I'll be honest, it was a major pain in the ass to put it together. You have to make sure that every little filiment was in the fitting before screwing in the center piece. The first time it took me almost 30 Min to figure it out. One end will come with tape... Leave it on and twist the fitting on... Where you cut (If Required) you should tape it on both ends to stop it from going crazy...

The fitting is a common 1/8' NPT fitting... NAPA will stock it..

another question. how do you attach the fitting to the end of the line after you cut it?

Rogue said:
another question. how do you attach the fitting to the end of the line after you cut it?

It's a compression fitting..

The ring goes around the hose and then the fittings second part threads into the center and squishes the s*** out of the inside of the hose..

I beleive it is rated for some rediculous PSI like 1000...

Rogue said:

Here's an example of my oil feed line. The large section winds on to the hose counter-clockwise until the hose is fully seated into it. Then the fitting (in this case a 90 degree elbow) threads into that. I used a flaring tool on my dremel to shape the end of the hose to better accept the fitting.

Attachments

• Dcp_0577.jpg
    Dcp_0577.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 342
  • Dcp_0578.jpg
    Dcp_0578.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 331
Also, I probably just missed it, but what about the stock oil pressure sensor?

speedcircuit.net sells this piece:
oil_feed_t_fitting.jpg

and mentions the BSPT-style thread of the stock oil pressure sender... hmm

Last edited:
Kansei said:
hmm that doesn't look bad at all (building the line)

looking over your parts list, I run into some trouble when I want to T off for my oil temp sensor

with the T you used, or the pic on the summit racing site:

I think my temp sensor would block oil flow

see pic here: http://picasaweb.google.com/clauretano/TurboProject/photo#5013267907584279842

it's the bottom sensor in that pic.

Yeah, the How - To is really maent to be a guide.

It was made years ago.. and no doubt there are probably better parts available.

There are always more than one way to skin a cat.. :)

Damn, i destroyed one of the fitting while trying to squish it in.

there goes 15 bucks :(

JCell said:
Damn, i destroyed one of the fitting while trying to squish it in.

there goes 15 bucks :(

NEWB.... should've asked me for help. We just finished Andrews car tonite.
Give me a call if you need help you know i'm always down to help a buddy out.

Brian MP5T said:
yeah, i had the hose inside the fitting with one turn in only, i got excited and left it there for a second because it was a b**** to get it in at all. a few seconds later it popped out and stripped that first thread, thus it is now useless.

luckily with the combined strengh of mazpro and myself we got the second one in so all is well with the world

Back