door ajar light on w/all doors shut?

niv

:
P5t
Weirdest thing today.

I got in the car and started it up. Pulled out of the driveway and drove for a bit before I noticed that the door ajar light was on. When i finally go to check all the doors, they i realize that they are all shut just fine. So i check each door individually to quickly see which door is giving the alert.

none of them make the light shut off.

I return home and shut the car off, go inside to drop the groceries off, then head back out. I turn on the Compustar alarm, it arms but show a door is open. then i shut it off, open the drivers door, get in and shut the door. the light goes off.

I try opening it again to check if it was the drivers door, but nope, it's not. The light goes out immediately. On a hunch i check the front passenger door. the light comes on and is a bit slow going back off. I think it might be the passenger door, but... what in the hell could it be???

*rummaging throught the phone book for names of a young priest and an old priest*

anyone else have that issue? i did a search.. but found nothing pertaining to my situation.

Might be the wiring of your compustar alarm (for the door trigger) came loose. And maybe that your alarm module went bad.

yah i checked the hatch.. had that happen b4 too so i was saavy to that one.
It's weird cause today i haven't had an issue with it.

niv said:
yah i checked the hatch.. had that happen b4 too so i was saavy to that one.
It's weird cause today i haven't had an issue with it.
hmmmmm must be the ghost in the machine!

did u check the hatch? i know u said u wen shopping. i assume u put everything in the back seat. if not, could b a wiring prob.

yah.. i think it's a gremlin.. i had everything shut... i suspect a wiring issue.
if it happens again i'll talk to the alarm installer.

Might jsut be your factory door trigger. Could be corroded or something. it's happened to me before on other cars.

Take it to the dealer to have them plug it in their diagnostic computer.

If nothing else.... your car is just possessed. No biggie... see your nearest Catholic Priest. :D

Back