Aux. Input?

sjdmp5

Since there has been a lot of talk abbout anding an input to the factory stereo, does anyone know of aftermarket CD head units that come with an mini jack input? I've searched and came up with nothing.

I believe most AIWA units do.

Alpine sells adapters which patch into the AI-NET interface allowing you a selectable input - that's what I use.

Not many actually have the mini jack, but have a pair of RCA line inputs, which you could get an adapter from mini to RCA and use.

i believe some JVC decks hae the 3.5 right on the face plate, while almost ALL pioneer decks have IP BUS which allows you to add a 3.5 plug (i have it currently)

Thanks, It's for my Brother-in-law to replace the factory stereo in his Focus that's dying. He wants the input for iPod, I told him that Alpine (I have an Alpine deck myself) is the way to go but he's too cheap.

Almost all decks have some form of aux-in. But as mentioned, often it's a pair of RCA's you just need a simple rca-3.5 adapter. I know that Eclipse offers direct aux in on most of their line. Mine actually has a digital coaxial input option, independant of changers, etc.

Mike R said:
Not many actually have the mini jack, but have a pair of RCA line inputs, which you could get an adapter from mini to RCA and use.
I used to have a Sony CDX-F5700 that uses that type of Aux Input. Those RCA y-adapters only cost like $3-$6.

If bro in law is cheap, I would recommend that head unit. It has pretty good features for the price such as MP3 capability, BBE MP, 3 preamp outputs, XM ready, different colors, 7 band EQ and HP/LP crossovers, etc. Its $199.99 retail, but you can find it for like $130 online if you look well.

I now have a Clarion DXZ645MP that uses that same type of aux input but that retails $299 (can be found for like $199).

Oh and I believe Sony = Aiwa, for headunits.

Back