Leather P5 seats <-> Mazdaspeed seats swap pix

mp5jeff said:
those seats actually look nice, good job.
i take it you like the MSP seats in my P5? the leather looks good in the MSP, too......

i love the MSP seats in my car......was a good swap for both of us!

how did you get the back seats from the p5 to work in the speed, i have p5 seats and the bench in the back wont stay put.

thanks

Frank

Thanks for the pictures, I had always wondered how they would look and fit.

I would love to have the MSP Seats in my car... Anybody selling theirs or know a salvage yard that has them in Tri-State area? :)

AS for the amp wiring..... I will just say that I could fix that right up if you had some spare time and wanted to drive to Ohio to see me.

Since you have done this swap, is there a way to have the double fold rear seat (like in the Pro-5) in the back of the sedan?

DeanSweet said:
AS for the amp wiring..... I will just say that I could fix that right up if you had some spare time and wanted to drive to Ohio to see me.

Ryan cleaned up the amp wiring when the seats were out, zip-tied the cables together and such. It was much better afterwards, but I forgot to take a picture of it all.

i have the seats and i am in ann arbor michigan, but will be in columbus ohio for thanks giving..

-B

njaremka said:
Since you have done this swap, is there a way to have the double fold rear seat (like in the Pro-5) in the back of the sedan?
the MSP has the 40/60 slipt rear seat.......

DeanSweet said:
Thanks for the pictures, I had always wondered how they would look and fit.

I would love to have the MSP Seats in my car... Anybody selling theirs or know a salvage yard that has them in Tri-State area? :)

always wanted to take a trip to ohio, but i cleaned up the wires like astral said........maybe later????

Protege52003 said:
the MSP has the 40/60 slipt rear seat.......
So does my ES. However, the seat bottoms fold up in the Pro5 and the cargo area folds flat.

Hey hey! Thats my car! Was wondering when the pictures would come up.

MSP ----> P5 direct swap no problems except you lose the fold flat capablities.
(you do have to cut a small hole in the carpet to remove a plug in order to insert the plastic clips from the sedan)

P5------> MSP you have to drill 4 holes. You retain the brackets from the bottoms of the P5 seats. I now have fold flat capability! (rockon)

I will maybe do a real writeup someday but i am kind of lazy and in the middle of moving.

01bluemp3 said:
how did you get the back seats from the p5 to work in the speed, i have p5 seats and the bench in the back wont stay put.

thanks

Frank
See my last post. There is no good way to secure them unless you use the brackets from the P5 and drill some holes in the Sedan. Just dont drill into your fuel tank!

Back