Why do they put the plasma screens so high?

Suomi

:
02 Silver P5 5speed, 05 Red 6i 5speed
This is a silly gripe of mine, but on these tv shows where they give people cool tech toys (Ultimate Gamer on SpikeTV, Digital Digs on TechTV, etc.) they always mount the plasma screen TVs really high on the wall. Who wants their TV so high up? The couch is regular height, so why mount the TV so damn high? Okay, I'm done. :p

so when you lay back you can see it, and not have your head cocked up to see it.. its really comfortable , trust me, my tv is high and i lay back and play games and watch tv. just wish it was plasma..

I tried having mine (not a plasma either) higher up before and I hated it. It hurt myneck to always be looking up. Mine is now set up so when I'm sitting in my chairs or couch, my eyes are even with the center of the screen. Perfect in my opinion.

I try to put my TV at optimal height. Perfect for sitting, but also so I don't have to be uncomfortable when lying down/back etc. I've found a good spot for it right now, so I'm happy. It's all about whats right for you, and where you're comfortable with it at

BTW, the plasmas on these shows were mounted so the bottom of the screen is about five feet up.

anarchistchiken said:
Did anybody see the Halo 2 episode of ultimate gamer? Wow.

I was watching that when I started this thread. I'm jealous of that guy.

hanging plasmas is part of my job and yes, someone said it, we usually mount the bottom of the tv between 54 and 60 inches. sometimes depends on the size of the tv. easier to see while on a couch or a chair.

pb4ugoout said:
hanging plasmas is part of my job and yes, someone said it, we usually mount the bottom of the tv between 54 and 60 inches. sometimes depends on the size of the tv. easier to see while on a couch or a chair.

Could you explain why it's easier to see when hung to high? I seriously don't get it.

tv's should be eye level, so should monitors on your desks. This is so you don't get bad necks from watching tv/using the computer. Ever have your office evaluated by one of these chiropractor/physician type peope? I have, and it's the first thing they tell you to do. I also worked in home theater/stereo for a few years, and we always mount tv's at eye level.

Why don't you see the old floor model tv's anymore??? because they sucked, and you were always looking down at them. People seem to think plasma's are pictures, and like to hang them like a piece of art. Some think it makes the tv look bigger too....bulls*** id you ask me. In the end it is preference, but if you value your neck, it should be eye level when you are sitting.

Back