Boost Controller removal --without a trace??

jaxmsp

Semi noob question here. Is it possible to install a boost controller such that when it is removed, there is no trace of the installation? Looks to me like you have to replace or cut the vacuum hose, or remove the tamper-resistant clamps to install a boost controller. Doing any of this is irreversable, and could indicate to a dealer that a boost controller was installed.

Any experts out there figure out how to do this? I have searched the site and found nothing definitive. Thanks.

Well with the Greddy Profec B Spec II, (and most boost controllers for that matter) you just need to tap into the line coming out of the bottom of the "T" fitting. So if you loosely pry that line off that "T" fitting, you can connect it to the port on the boost control module. You then run a new line from that "t" fitting to the other line on the boost controller...and that's it! When you need to remove the boost controller, you just plug the line back into the "T" fitting and you are golden!

I thought people were having probs with these hoses cracking when they tried to do that. Also, isn't that T fitting glued to the hose? Must take a careful hand to do it right. Thanks!

jaxmsp said:
I thought people were having probs with these hoses cracking when they tried to do that. Also, isn't that T fitting glued to the hose? Must take a careful hand to do it right. Thanks!
Some folks had a problem, that particular hose on my car is in perfect shape. Yes, it is glued...what you want to do is get a small screwdriver (like one that is used to fix eyeglasses or something) and use it to work around between the fitting and the hose. If you keep working on it, it will come right off. Then when it comes time to take the controller off, use a hose clamp and tell the tech that the hose came loose and you fixed it yourself!

Yes I second that idea.
I did the same thing and works great.
No need for the hose clamp on the line though. Just remove the T and put it back together. It holds fine at stock boost.

You can use a zip tie as well rather than a hose clamp. Works like a charm.
The stock hoses are so brittle anyways, i don't think there would be a big problem if you said you changed it.

my hose that connects to that T came loose somehow and rubbed on something hot in that area...so i replaced my hose anyway. dealer hasn't said anything to me since...and believe me, they've seen my car alot here recently!

Exactly what I did!

GI- said:
Some folks had a problem, that particular hose on my car is in perfect shape. Yes, it is glued...what you want to do is get a small screwdriver (like one that is used to fix eyeglasses or something) and use it to work around between the fitting and the hose. If you keep working on it, it will come right off. Then when it comes time to take the controller off, use a hose clamp and tell the tech that the hose came loose and you fixed it yourself!

Back