Failed piston ring?

MPNick said:
No thats not it at all. I am talking about the light show your old headers would do under higher boost.
Gotcha. Well, that header is no more, and I think the fact that I had fuel cut was probably a big contributing factor to that runner glowing. Just a hunch. Either way, it's fixed now.

With one port not flowing and backing up so bad that it glowed red hot, how well do you think your WB AFR was reading? Could you trust your AFRs? Did did cause in some way the piston damage?
Well, the piston that was damaged was not the cylinder that had the glowing red runner.

Maybe the WB was telling one thing but the screwed up header was causeing problem with the way it could read it?
I doubt it. If that were the case, my EGTs would go nuts.

Kooldino said:
The SMT-7 looks nice btw. I'd like to see a protege running with one.
There is no SMT7 for the Protege or any other car for a very long while. Someone jump the gun with the unit and now it has been pulled before it ever came out. We are hoping to get a Beta back unit in a few months. As it stands it will not work for most of the Protege members on this forum. We are working of getting some changes made before it comes out somehwere around May or June maybe. If not then it will not work for our cars.

MPNick said:
Then way did he start the thread right after Matt did bashing the MPI?
Probably because he felt he spent a lot of money on something that for whatever reason didn't work for him.

Just be sure to seperate crticism of the MPI from personal attacks toward your person. While Pat critiqued the MPI, I don't recall him having a problem with you, and he doesn't seem to be belligerent towards you in general.

In similar fashion, just because you feel that I "attacked" your product by defending my preference of what sensor to use, you shouldn't take that as an attack on your person. However, you did attack my person several times due to the way I prefer to use your EMS.

MPNick said:
There is no SMT7 for the Protege or any other car for a very long while. Someone jump the gun with the unit and now it has been pulled before it ever came out. We are hoping to get a Beta back unit in a few months. As it stands it will not work for most of the Protege members on this forum. We are working of getting some changes made before it comes out somehwere around May or June maybe. If not then it will not work for our cars.
What changes have to be made?

Is there any cost estimate?

I didn't see it mention if it could do sequential fire for injectors or not.

Also, did you ever get the coil amp working?

Kooldino said:
What changes have to be made?

Is there any cost estimate?

I didn't see it mention if it could do sequential fire for injectors or not.

Also, did you ever get the coil amp working?
It will only run some BMWs as of right now.

No cost yet.

Only fire one extra injector for sure, maybe two but maybe over work driver.

Ignition system going in Matts 400whp monster this week.

MPNick said:
It will only run some BMWs as of right now.

No cost yet.

Only fire one extra injector for sure, maybe two but maybe over work driver.

Ignition system going in Matts 400whp monster this week.
Awesome. Keep us posted on the spark amp. Also, could you pull the coil out and test it outside of the car?

Kooldino said:
Awesome. Keep us posted on the spark amp. Also, could you pull the coil out and test it outside of the car?
If you leave a plug on the end of the coil and give it a grounded path... aka put the side of the plug against the motor then you can check the coil for spark that way.

TurfBurn said:
If you leave a plug on the end of the coil and give it a grounded path... aka put the side of the plug against the motor then you can check the coil for spark that way.
butter.

Of course I have it working perfectly on mine. Sorry I'm late, but I just finished driving across country. It works the way Nick says and even another way that I'm trying now for him.

There were problems with other peoples cars that havn't been posted. Those people need to come out and tell their problem so people can understand why they were having problems. Sensors are very important in our cars, so a bad O2 sensor, broken IAT sensor or incorrectly placed MAF sensor will cause a BIG problem with ANY EMS!!! An FMU isn't as "touchy" as an EMS. Anything that controls the sensors will amplify pre-existing problems more then without it. I guess the stock ECU and "compensate" a little, but an EMS will say FTW!!!!!

Back