thinking buying a mp5...need opinion

envymy7

well the subject says it all... I want to know what you guys think of a 02 red mp5 has 30k on it...how much is it worth?....does mp5 have the same drivetrain as the mp3 or msp?...how many mp5 was made on 2002?? and what you think about red?? ...o yeah im 25 own another mazda actualy own a 3rd gen its a project car ready to put much bigger turbo for drag racing....thats why i need a daily driver and i really like the mp5 but all i can find used is red of color...i really like the blue or silver but i just want to know feedback from people about this car.. dealer asking 14,900 but they said they will go down more on it... so what you guys think a reasonable price for it??

thanks...

30,000 miles on a car that is one year old?!?!? Or is that 30,000 kilometers? The Protege5 has the same drivetrain (130 hp 2.0 liter four cylinder front wheel drive) as the Protege ES. The MP3 has a different ECU, but the same engine. The Mazdaspeed Protege obivously differs with the addition of a turbocharger and many beefed-up drive train components such as an LSD and reinforced drive shafts. The 2.0 liter engine could also be found in the base Mazda 626. Classic Red is personally one of my favorite colors. Depending on what options the car came with, between 13500 and 15000 (seeing as how the dealer might go down) would be a good price.

its 30000miles i know its alot of miles for sumtin not that old..just wondering what to look for on this cars?...its just standard cloth seats no sunroof.

Actually, 30K is only a little high, depending on the actual age of the car. Remember, these were released in May of 2001, so it could actually be a year and a half. I bought mine in June 2001 and have 26K.

$14,900 seems a touch high, maybe 13,500 - 14K.

If someone offered me 13,K for mine I'd probably do it.

sttl013 is right...it depends how long the car has been on the road. I checked out a used one here for 14K and it only had 5,000 miles...I would offer 12,500 at most. Start low (11k)and let them work it up to the 12,500. :D-Coming from a someone who used to sell cars.

Now my P5 has 17k on him and I've had him 6 months. At the rate I'm going, I will have around 35K by the time he's a year old. All I do for fun is drive. :)

Back