Intake Manifold porting?

smithers_0990

On and On
:
02 P5 & 01 Audi S4
Would it be beneficial to port out the part of the intake mani that the TB is bolted on to? (see 2nd pic) I would only do 1/8th or 1/16th of an inch.

What about smoothing out the inner part of the mani, like right after the TB?

Look at the first pic and tell me if I can smooth this part out or reshape it. I think thats where the fuel is injected. I dont mean the hole, just the dip in front of the hole.

Thanks

Attachments

• question 1.JPG
    question 1.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 96
  • question.JPG
    question.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
yes and yes.

anything you can make smoother prior to the injector is worth it. the port matching of the TB would only be worthwhile if the TB is larger than the hole

Be careful around that fuel injector port. You don't want to mess up the seal around the injector. I wouldn't mess with that. Also, I would only port the intake mani at the TB connection just enough to match the TB, but maybe that's just me. I can't remember, but they might match perfectly already. That is unless you are going for a different size throttle body. That cirlce you drew looks like a huge difference though, i'd be afraid of busting through the sides.

I wasnt planning on making the TB hole that big, the circle was just to highlight what I was talking about.

How about the other part next to the injector ring hole that I highlighted in the other pic? Is it safe to trim down.

I am trying to keep this project as cheap as possible. As of today I have only dug a $16 hole.

Thanks

Last edited:
Yeah I would'nt mess with it either.

I also would smooth out the steps in the intake manifold in your first pic.

I also would smooth out the steps in the intake manifold in your first pic.
Ohh Ya. That was just a first pic, as of now they are smooth and fast. Ill post some pics later tonight. (11/3/04)

Back