Kosei K1 wheels

protege02

:
2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
does anyone have these wheels or know where i can find a picture of them on a protege sedan. also is this a good wheel because its really cheap. like 179 a wheel. also is kosei a good company. they sell them at tirerack.com. the picture with them on look ok. i think a real picture will do the best justice in seeing if it matches the car or not. thanks for all the info and reading.

Kosei has been around for quite a while; Nice, lightish, cheap wheels. I beleive they weigh something around 16.7lbs for the 17's, 15.5 for the 16's...

A nice choice in wheel (IMO) is the Team Dynamics Racing Pro-Race 1's... They're reaaaaaaaaallly nice looking, and about 15lbs at 17"!

[/QUOTE]A nice choice in wheel (IMO) is the Team Dynamics Racing Pro-Race 1's... They're reaaaaaaaaallly nice looking, and about 15lbs at 17"![/QUOTE]

do you have any pics on a protege of these wheels. also the offset seems a little off unless they come in other sizes. if it looks nice then i might buy it. http://www.atomicmotorsports.net/wheel_pro_race_one.html

The Kosei K1 TS's are even lighter than the K1's, they only weigh 14.2lbs!!

sorry to thread jack... what's the widest you can go with the 16"? i want to go smaller/lighter but add some traction via width. will these wheels wear 235s?

you could get 7" wide 16's but depending on offset you might rub with even 215's. 235s would be good for track use, but you'll be rubbing with the wheel cut probably.

Here ya go. =)

gallery_20040803160306.jpg

im not sure excatly what your looking for but the GB im running right now our model 6s only wiegh 15lbs and its at a nice price... check the sig..

SenorCorwin said:
im not sure excatly what your looking for but the GB im running right now our model 6s only wiegh 15lbs and its at a nice price... check the sig..

thanks for the info, i'll let some of my friend know about it and if any are interested i'll lead them to you.

is a 205/45/17 wheel fine with eibach springs? will i have any issues with rubbing because tirerack recommend this size tire.

205 should be fine, but I would suggest 205/40R17; It's a lot closer to your stock size (195/50R16), and the reduced diameter of your wheel will help you get through the gears faster. =) 45's would work, but if you get 40, I'd say there's no chance of you rubbing, as long as you get a proper offset. (+45 or higher would be best, for a 7.0" wide rim. +48 if it's 7.5")

I have some Kosei K1 rims. I love them. I got them from leebanger here on msprotege. They are a lot lighter than stock. You can click on my homepage to see them. :)

Last edited:
MisterT said:
I have some Kosei K1 rims. I love them. I got them from leebanger here on msprotege. They are a lot lighter than stock. You can click on my homepage to see them. :)

i think the cardomain page that i put on here is your car. what size wheel do you have. is it 205/45/17 or another wheel size. im definitely getting these wheels. i have to save up for them now and decide on keeping my racingbeat springs or switch to eibach. thanks for the input.

I looked and it says 205/40/80 on the outside of the tire. As for switching springs, I am not sure that it would make that big of difference. I don't have new struts nor sway bars just yet. I just didn't want 17s when the car is not lowered. It just doesn't look right. There is an Acura Integra (old style, the year after the flip up lights) that has 17s and looks really cool, but the owner hasn't lower it and it just doesn't look right.

Uuuuuuuuuuuhm, check the last number again. =) It should be 205/40R17, or something similar; If the last number is 80, that means you're rolling on 80 inch rims. ;)

Can u tell I have no idea about tires. They came with the rims when purchasing from a member here. :p

Back