A few questions about stock wheels

Mikey444

:
Mazda 3 & RX-8
I would like to know a few bits of info on the stock 17" wheels.

Weight (lbs)?
Offset (mm)?
Bolt Pattern (mm)?

Thanks!

Weight (lbs) 23 lbs for the 17x7 and 16x7
Offset (mm) +60 for 17, +55 for 16
Bolt Pattern (mm) 114.3x5

Combined weight of stock rim + tire is 46 lbs (on the 17). Heavy wheels.

Fender rolling must occur for any 8 inch wide rim, including the 18x8 +50 offset rx8 rims.

Try and find wheels with a +45 or +48 offset if you can.

Cause I want to change the wheels on my car for the summer with something around 14-15 pounds in weight, besides weight I am staying as close as possible to the stock numbers. Looking for a set of 4 17x7.

Last question, for a 17x7 inch rim and 114.3x5 bolt pattern what is the minimum and maximum offset I can go with. Thnx!

So can anyone tell me if those rims in my last post will fit, wisth and height fit, bolt pattern fits, weight is what I want, but is the offset ok?

+42's pushing it. All the members running 17x7 +42 Kosei K1-TS's rolled their fenders. (with 225/45/17)...now of course the Kosei's avail in +50 offset, so they wouldn't of had to do that :).

still roll cause last thing you need is to pay for the damages after rubbig or once you turn it back in. Rolling won't tinker with the warrenty cause it's not that easy to spot like cross drilled rotors or Mf catback

autoshop does it or local members who rent the fender roller tool from tireswap off 6 tech site...

225/45 +45 offset on a 17x7 rubs slightly in the rear

So with 215/50/17 you should be "ok"...or ok enough so that you'd probably never notice.

can one just like tip it? like color it...?

coz' they chromed it... just wondering if i could make it gun metal etc.

go to rim shop and be brepared to pay up to $110 and up per rim to be resurfased. if it's worth it to you then thats all that matter ;)

the rear fender on the 6 sticks inward like almost 1/3 an inch making aftermarket wheel choices extremely limited. Rolling this protruding edge of the fender gives you more leeway with rim choices and alows for a wider wheel. In a few minutes crosbow will post picts on what I covered and touch on areas I may have left out...

Yes speed protege rims fit :)

Someone fit the MSP rims on the 6 without issue...though all the dealers and other uses said they didn't fit. This of course confuses the hell outta me.

dealers also said 15" steelies will never fit either cause of the calipers...and the spare is?

Last edited:
Da 6 said:
the rear fender on the 6 sticks inward like almost 1/3 an inch making aftermarket wheel choices extremely limited. Rolling this protruding edge of the fender gives you more leeway with rim choices and alows for a wider wheel. In a few minutes crosbow will post picts on what I covered and touch on areas I may have left out...

Yes speed protege rims fit :)
thank you!!

Back