Clutch Questions

QuickShift

:
02 P5
Has anyone upgraded their clutches and flywheels? I was thinking I could get a quicker, more effecient shift if I acquired these. I was wondering how irritating that it would be to install these. And what would be the best for these upgrades?

qs2.jpg

Has anyone else had these upgrades with a difference worth discussing?

Can't wait to make this upgrade myself. if you are considering it you might as well save up for a LSD. the flywheel will help w/ acceleration and give you better highway mileage. I plan to buy a ACT clutch and unorthodox racing flywheel(9lb.) i've heard that the fidanza(7.5 lb) flywheel is too light. if you get all three items look to spend about $1200-1300 maybe more not too mention the labor cost if paying someone else to do it.

Got my CM clutch and fidanza flywheel from RR-racing for $545 and paid $300 for install. Good prices.....Did not get any noticable power increase or milage increase. Love the clutch though. It can take a beating......RPM's raise and fall much faster with the light weight flywheel over stock. Change you driving style a little.

Use your money for something else or wait till you need to get a clutch........

My $.02

Back