Keyfob problem

Meydron

:
2007 Mazdaspeed6
I went out to my car today and the keyfob completely stopped working. I replaced the battery and still nothing. Im guessing maybe i just need to reprogram it. any idea how? Thanks.

I don't think you need to reprogram. This may sound silly, but are you sure the new battery is in correctly? I had the same problem w/one on my Avalon, and finally got it in right.

Im positive the battery is in right, i dont know what else it could be. It worked one minute, went back inside, came back out and it wasnt working, i didnt do anything, dont know what the problem is.

do you have the spare key fob? try that to see if it works. Could be your alarm. Take it to the dealer if no luck.

mine stopped workign for a day, it worked the next day... turned out that a passenger had shut the seatbelt in the back door and it wouldnt shut all the way. make sure that all the doors are shut tightly

no i dont have the second keyfob, bought it used and i only got 1 fob and 2 keys, all doors have been opened and shut many times, so dont think thats the problem, still doesnt work, even after several new batteries.

put the key in the ing and turn it to on and off 3 times, then click the door ajar switch three times and the locks should start going up and down then press the key fob buttons. leave the door open the whole time and dont remove the key.

its going to be a black push button looking deal about a ft or less up from the deal sill close to the striker on the body. sorry wish i had a camera at work to help u more.

Back