Stereo power wire through the firewall

djltoronto

:
Mazda 3 Sport
Anyone running a power wire through the firewall might find this useful.

In the engine compartment, just below the brake booster there is a white plug. This white plug plugs a hole that appears as though it may be used for a throttle cable. Since my car (2.3 liter) has drive by wire electronic throttle body, this pre-made hole in the firewall is perfect for a power cable.

The hole will accommodate a 4 gauge power cable with no difficulty, but anything larger than that will not fit without modification.

The pics show exactly where the hole is.
And yes... I am aware that I used black wire for my + power wire.

Attachments

• power wire 01.jpg
    power wire 01.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 6,057
  • power wire 02.jpg
    power wire 02.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 3,857
  • power wire 03.jpg
    power wire 03.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 5,537
bluntman said:
Great news! Approximately where does the wire end up in the passenger compartment?
Kinday funny...
I grab my digital camera and run outside to take a pic of this, got outside to find my car is locked and keys are inside the house. So I run back in to get the keys, then back out to take the pic, turn the camera on and I find that I have left the memory card in my computer... So back inside, for the card.. and finally...results..(see pics)
It comes into the passenger compartment directly above the pickup for the throtle.

I then followed the factory wiring harness up and out of the way!!

Attachments

• power wire.jpg
    power wire.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 2,295
  • power wire 003.jpg
    power wire 003.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 2,566
im getting ready to do an amp install and came across this, I know its a really old thread so hopefully someone will check my post and reply. I have 2 questions:

1) this may sound stupid, but how do you get the white plug out
2) is it safe to have an opening through the firewall like that.

Thanks for the help.
-God Bless-
Tim
www.loudthemc.com

Back