Rough Idle and CEL came on

Cellerator

:
2012 Mazda 3i Skyactiv Hatchback
I just got my car back from body shop and yesturday, i started noticing a rough idle but only for a split second. Then just an hour ago, my idle started dropping down to the second line from the bottom on the tach and my cel came on. Anyone know what could have happened?

EGR valve......mine is finally getting replaced tomorrow. EGR valves are very common problems on 3'rd gen proteges with the 2.0 L. they are on national backorder.......can clean it out with gas/cleaning solution and it should be good for a couple weeks.

pdhaudio83 said:
go get the CEL read at an autozone, etc.

Werd. It could be a whole slew of things so we could just start throwing out causes with your symptoms. Mine was a bad MAP sensor reading because the vaccum tube wasn't connected to the manifold.

Went to autozone, they said it was cylinder 4 missfiring. I'm taking my car into mazda on monday.

Mike R said:
Hmm, I don't have a CEL, but my idle is rough. Plugs are good, maybe this is the problem.
my car went through these episodes when fully warmed for about two weeks before i tripped a CEL. give it some time......it will come! when running on the highway, after i threw a CEL the car felt like it was running on choke-mode!

i checked my wires, plugs, filter, ect.....everything was good. forgot about the EGR valve though.

well, got it fixed. for some reason, my 4th cylinder plug's gap closed up completely so that is what caused the cel to come on to begin with. Well, took care of that and installation of my ss. thanks for the help guys.

hey is that all of ualls cases?? that the 4th cyl. gap got closed up?? because my car has just started to idle really low now but never stall out thanks

Back