front strut bar?

I would save your money and buy something else first as you probably wouldnt even notice a difference with a front strut

some sway bars or some sub frame connectors or something hell even coilovers

Since the 6 doesn't have struts and the shock towers are braced against the main firewall, a strut bar is completely worthless performance wise.

Trust me, I had one myself. Absolutely zero difference. I even did a double blind test with some friends, no difference. Even tried autox'in with it, no difference. (Took it off for a set of runs, put it back on).

It does however look nice, and makes a nice aesthetic statement. Just don't buy it for any performance reasons.

6strut.jpg

If your looking for a handling improvement, look into springs, sways, koni shocks, or coilovers.

Or just get rid of the stock tires and replace them with something thats high performance, like Kuhmo MX's, Falken Azenis Sports, or Toyo T1-S's on a nice set of lightweight 16's.

well, i already have new rims/tires (18''s) and new springs (eibach) ... so thats already taken car of. too bad the strut bar makes no difference. where can i find some aftermarket parts at a good price?

that's strange how a strut bar doesn't make a difference. Usually it makes a massive difference in car handling, right?

in other cars it makes a drastic difference but the way the front shock mounts are mated to the firewall on the 6 it makes no difference

The term "strut" bar usually is meant for a car that runs a strut suspension. The 6 doesn't. It runs a double wishbone front suspension, which is far superior to a standard strut based one. Its one of the reasons the car is so manuverable for its size.

That plus the firewall bracing (of the shock towers) as pointed out by timba, make the strut bar basically useless on the 6...though it adds a nice aesthetic flair to the engine compartment.

well my civic had a double wishbone suspension and the steering response and feel was increased drastically. So its probably where the structs are located on the 6 that has no effect with the struct bar.

What year civic? I thought until recently most civics had a strut setup up front, and a double wishbone rear...much like the RSX.

crossbow he didnt specify which end of the car had the double wishbone so most likely it was a strut setup in the front thats why the strut bar made such a difference

indeed... at least the civics from 96-2000 had the front strut setup, i put a strut bar on there, and it improved drastically. as for the rear, i do believe it was a double wishbone.

lol where is this thread going and why are we in a basket....j/k yeah strut bar no sway bar yes. lowering and having a loose (not tighened all the way apon reassebmly so you hear thud when you go over speedbumps in steves apt complex) sway bar makes the car handle difrently

I'm thinking of getting a nice set of wheels, light ones, ones that look agressive perforamnce wise and hold a 225 45 17 tire. I'm really hesitant about doing s*** to the suspension, roads are way too rough here, the ride would be bone rattling over every crack and there are millions upon millions here. Getting a away bar, front and rear, I like that idea.

no it's not civic like...even when going airbore its ok...or wait airborn not good forget I said it. when you go 19's as 20's is when you have rough ride cause of the stiffnes of sidewal and less rubber to flex

Last edited:
Remember that lighter wheels will have a similiar affect on your ride. Lighter wheels will be less unsprung weight. You'll certainly feel more of the bumps and holes. On the other hand, better tires are the best mod you can.

yep but 20 by 8.5 chrome rims can always cancel out better tyres ;) common mistake made by a few...

Back