Guess How Much A Windscreen Costs??!!

BigStarS

:
Protege Limited Sports Edition
(confused) One bloody hot afternoon...on the way to work...driving along pacific highway peacefully...suddenly...i hear a pebble hitting my windscreen...i was only driving 50kph...and guess what??!! A crack stretching 25cm appears...then i thought...no F@^$ing way!!! Felt really down that whole night...cos i only got the car back a few days before...(repairing my rear bumper...again~~) so the next day...i called mazda parts dep. and after trying to transfer my 20 times... he quoted me $510 for the glass ex. labour~~ WTF??? Then he suggested calling O'Brien .... my lifesaver!!! The nice lady on the phone quoted me $273 including install fees...and moulding...if needs replacing...is $11 for the universal one and $89 for the genuine one...(the repair guy recommends genuine...cos it fits better!!) and so...imediately...i made my booking...and on monday....he came over around 3pm...took him 10mins to get the cracked on off....damn he was good....the moulding...was a b**** to get out...cos he was trying not to damage it...such a nice guy~~ anyways...the glass look close to identical...just had to wait at least 4 hours for the poly-urithane to dry...because it has something to do with me having airbags~~ anyways...i'm a happy man once again!!! And this is the end of my essay~~ goodluck all~~ hope your cars don't have as much drama as mine!!(bang)

I broke my windscreen within the first four months of owning my P5, and it costed $230 USD to replace, which I was thankful for; Some of the cars I've owned were really expensive in comparison!

Yeah, that's what I figured. =) I went with OE supplier. If I had gone aftermarket, it would have been about $190 or so with labor.

obrien's actually makes most windscreens in australia. apparently they ship a lot overseas to companies like mazda, they fit them, then ship the car back. it's because we have different regulations etc.

sorry to hear about your car, but damn thats a good price!!! did he replace the whole windscreen or just fix the old one? when someone smashed my rear right door window (the one that winds down) O'Brien charged me $295 to replace it!!! and then the tinting cost another $50 :(
yeah they give good quick service... but next time i think i'll shop around a bit. which obrien did you go to btw?
also some insurance policies give you one free windscreen replacement per year, like gio and nrma. unfortunately i wasn't covered.

im not covered by insurance either...they replaced the whole front windscreen...$273..it might be cheaper at direct outlets...but then you still need someone to put it in!! It's only easy when you know what your doing and have the tools to do it...the serviceman came from Roseville..which is just north of Sydney...i don't think prices will differ much though~~

i got mine done by roseville obrien too! i dun get it... $273 for your front windscreen (shatter proof) compared to $295 for my little rear door window! argh. i spose they did come to my house on a saturday to replace mine... maybe they charged a bit more for that...

that's actually a pretty good price. I have a friend who broke the rear glass on his prelude SH somehow and it cost him 400 bux to replace.

200 for a front windshield is what they side shops would usually do the work for around here.

i have a repair from obriens in my windscreen, you can see it, but it won't get any bigger

and yeah those $$ are actually cheap well done!!

andy: pilkington make the glass in ingleburn for our cars, as far as i knew??

all i know is...i was not about to pay over $500 just for the glass for a crack in my windscreen...anyways...it was a job weldone!! really recommend it for anyone as unlucky as i was...

Back