Transmission problems anyone?

KickAss

:
Mazda 323F (protege5)
Hey.
I have a 323F (from Denmark), and my transmission is messed up in 3. gear. If I drive over 4000 rpm and shift to 3., it almost sounds like I dont use the clutch. Ive went to the dealer to get it fixed on warrenty, but the wont pay for it. According to them "the transmission has been used for something that you dont use it for normaly"... WFT is that? Allso Mazda says that they never had that problem before, so therefore it must be me...

So I was wondering if anyone over there have had transmission problems on the manual transmission??

Looking forward to hear anything, cause Ive been treaded really bad. So Im gonna get them back :mad:

There IS IS IS IS IS a problem with the shift forks in 3rd.
I had mine replaced under warranty. There is no TSB out for it yet, but there have been enough P5's (323F's) in the states that dealers are having to fix them.

Call Mazda Corporate, if they have it over there. They should. Prob Mazda Europe.
In the states, it's getting fixed. If I had a scanner, I could send you my work invoice, all done free of charge.

Try a different dealership, if you can.

Yeah... I did call Mazda Coorporation, And they did replace the third gear under the warranty, but when the dealer opened the transmission, he thought that I needed to get all new 2. and 3. gear (dont know what they are called, but I think its the 2. + 3. gear wheel). Therefore the called Mazda coorp, who wont replace those parts, because they think I used the car for racing. And the only reason they say that, is because my car has been styled (lowered, new wheels etc. etc.).

Allso. Did you have problems with the brake discs?? Cause mine have been replaced once, but now they are broke again (broke as in the car shakes when you brake) And Mazda says that its allso because Ive been driving like I shouldnt

Itwould be SOO helpfull, if you could find some kind of "proof" in writing. And even better if you could get it from Mazda :D . Cause the only way the would pay for it (they told me) is if we take it to trial....

Last edited:
Thats crap, they can't prove any of that. And a cars made to be driven, thats why you have the warranty, so you can DRIVE it.
I had the same problem with my 3rd gear. It is most likely a synchro problem. Mine eventually led to a couple of broken shift forks. I never raced my car, just learned on it, which probably didn't help...
My delaership ended up paying to replace all the shift forks, and all new synchros as well.

Yup..starting to have problems going into 2nd. The last 2 nights, I grind 2nd gear 3 times already. Brutal

Yes Jeph. Its the syncro in third that they replaced. And Mazda coorp, says that I should be greatfull for them paying for it, cause if theyve seen the transmission inside before, then they wouldnt pay for anything... But I told them all the time that ive been driving the way you normally would drive in a car called "sport" (thats what we have over here. We have stock whitch sucks, and then Mazda made this 2,0 130 Hp sport model with bigger brakediscs than the "normal" cars and some other things). But they are so arrogant. And now I have to get them into trial, to get it payed for, whitch I will do :)

That sucks, sorry to hear it. My dealership has been pretty helpful with my transmission problems actually. Good luck with everything!

Back