Do HID's come stock on mazda6 ... ?

nope.. the rest of us get stuck with regular ol' projectors assembled here in the USA

Won't be an option on the 06's. The speed is built in Japan, thats why it gets nav and HID's. Blame the US unions, they prevent HID's and NAV from being installed in the states. Thus only Japan built mazda's get them right now.

crossbow said:
Won't be an option on the 06's. The speed is built in Japan, thats why it gets nav and HID's. Blame the US unions, they prevent HID's and NAV from being installed in the states. Thus only Japan built mazda's get them right now.

why tho?

the plant here doesn't have the technology to instal navi and hids so unless it's imported like rx-8 and 3...you loose out. Makes no scence to give the scc navi and hids and not the sport luxury car....

Yes you have to go aftermarket.

I don't understand the whole union thing myself...but it has something to do with the workers wanted to be compensated for installing certain types of parts "additionally" over standard equipment. Thus as part of the compromise, they don't do HID's and Nav...so only Japan Manufacturered Mazda's get them for now. In 07 though (for the refresh) US mazda's are supposed to get them.

I also understand that the unions didn't want other workers in the plants installing the options, so they were just dropped.

Forgive my ignorance, but what are HIDs? I was wondering why the 6 didn't have a navigation option like other vehicles in its class or even the 3 or rx-8, so thanks for clearing that up.

russr said:
Forgive my ignorance, but what are HIDs? I was wondering why the 6 didn't have a navigation option like other vehicles in its class or even the 3 or rx-8, so thanks for clearing that up.

HID - HiDefinition Lights... like the sexxy white/blue lights :)

http://www.xenonfactory.com/
I know nothing about this place. But any google search will turn up hits. It has become illegeal this year to install these kits on cars in the US. You may want to investigate the legalities before you proceed.

Back