Introduction and Buying experience

JeremyJay46

:
2005 Mazda 3 Hatchback
Hello all, my name is Jeremy and I live in the Kansas City area. I have joined "the club" as it were, with my new 2005 Mazda 3 hatchback, M5 in Titanium.

After first wanting a Protege5, and seeing what they get for them used, I started considering a new MZ3. I researched it, had a check from an online loan company, and headed to the first dealership... The largest Mazda dealership in the KC area.

Their offer was to charge me full sticker for the car, give me $500 on trade for my Taurus, and charge me $249 "administrative fee". When I told them my trade books for $2,000, they balked and basically belittled me.

I walked out, mad and worried that I would have to pass up this car. This happened on a Friday evening. Saturday morning, I headed out to *Independence Mazda* in Independence, Missouri.

After some negotiating, I ended up getting close to Kelly Blue Book for my trade, and about $800 off of MSRP.

Shop around people... there are good deals out there!

Welcome to the "club" I got an amazing deal on my car too...but i knew a person at the dealership...that helped bigtime.

It sucks. The dealer wouldn't drop the price by even a penny. after all the minor fees, it came to around 30000cdn. not as cheap as i wanted. (strike)
did you guys get any discount on your mazda 3?

I'm estimating the adittional fees for my car will come to around $150. I visited around five different dealers and nobody would lower their price... not even for one of the 3's cars already on the lot or for a big down-payment.... =( Mazda's company structure sucks. I don't know if this is worldwide, but the dealers wouldn't let me order the color I wanted. Everyone was like, well... we'll sell it to you if it comes in, but we can't order it for you, nor can we guarantee that it will come in your color.

That is crazy, Sparkle! After I bought mine, another dealer called me trying to sell me one, and told me the deadline to order one was a couple weeks. Of course they were telling me how great an ordered car is, since I can have it exactly the way I want it. Sounds like you are in a crappy area for car sales.

You did the right thing by walking out of the dealership and going elsewhere. I got S-plan so basically just over invoice for mine, so no negotiating. Lucky me, otherwise they only knocked 100$ off the MSRP. 3s are selling for sticker pretty much.

kaho729 said:
It sucks. The dealer wouldn't drop the price by even a penny. after all the minor fees, it came to around 30000cdn. not as cheap as i wanted. (strike)

I got about $900 Cdn + $600 Grad rebate for around $1500 off. I have an auto GS with AC and Sport Package.

Jeremy - I live in Puerto Rico, which *is* pretty crappy for car sales since everything comes in by boat... jejejeje. In addition, there is a 6% (and then some) tax added on when a vehicle comes in, so all cars are more expensive than U.S.

According to the dealer, I'm supposed to have a car by the 20th... it better be *MY* car, tho.

kaho729 said:

I went in with the Ford X-Plan. No bickering just a straight buy... I was happy.

Just bought my Mazda 3

Well, I was looking for a car... didn't really think of what to buy.. I was basically just shoping around. Got my wife 2003 Ion 3 serviced.. and I noticed a Mazda dealership right next door to Saturn. Took a test drive (for about 5 hours) love the car and bought it that very day. The first car that I test drive. LoL... it's been good. Regret not negotiating with the dealership.. got a $500 rebate for fresh graduate... sport package... 17" whell.. spoiler (yet to be installed). for a lil over 21 thousands.. and the sale tax in Missouri is ridiculous. Ah well.. love my new car. I also got the 6 years warranty.. can u guys tell me if i ever mod my car.. like new intake... pipe.. muffler.. sound system.. and so on.. will that affect my warantty? Glad to be in the club. Later!

zEr said:
can u guys tell me if i ever mod my car.. like new intake... pipe.. muffler.. sound system.. and so on.. will that affect my warantty? Glad to be in the club. Later!
This really depends on the dealer. Some dealers (the service people) won't deal with modified cars, others are more than happy to see what you have under the hood, etc and will work on it. Best bet is to ask the dealer ahead of time perhaps even get it in writing.

Back