I hate to say it poll please read and do the poll guys!

Is the spike in import cars because of the Fast and the furious series?

• Yes

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 57.5%

• Total voters

MnDriver

:
winter Better looking for a new car!
Well hey guys me and some friends have been discusing this for a long time and we think that the sudden rush in import cars is due to the fast and the furious movie witch all of you know about and then they came out with a second one and it spiked intrest again i just wanted to make a poll about if you guys think that we are right that this is all because of the movie or is it just because they are cars.

(mods and admins feel free to move this i didnt see a genral section)

-Jeremie

the sudden rush was when the movie first came out

heightened popularity of the "scene" is the result

I am bourn with speed in my blood, I love challenging and fast things which is why I fly airplanes :D

if you mean by "import cars" by pos civics with only a fart can, and similar cars that run 18s and think they are "fast" and ruining the street racing scene all together, they yes, that i would have to give F&F credit for lol....

nah, the fart can syndrome was big even before that movie..you gotta remember what inspired the movie..they just didn't even something and everyone copied..it already existed and was just as annoying..they just made it easier for broke ass idiots with shithouse saturns to get aluminum wings.

i would still hab to agree though...there are alotta people who became interested in cars thru F&F...its actually pretty sad...after the second F&F like three people i know all bought Mit EVOs the next day....i still crack up today thinking about that...in my case, my dad is into the drivetrain parts business so me nd my broz been interested in cars since we were like 10? lol (drive)

honda sales went down...so did mitsu? guess it died or everyone is getting older civics to play with...

it did effect some people tho...wings and slaming the car to camber hell.

F&F added to the ricer element with the big ass aluminum wings, neon lights, and body graphics. Yeah, these things existed before F&F, but after F&F is when Pep Boys and Autozone started stocking up on universal parts and Euro taillights. It's been downhill ever since.

Back