Made in USA and Free Shipping on all orders shipped inside the US.
Made in USA and Free Shipping on all orders shipped inside the US.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minor Complaints

What are you lookin' at? KYREDP5's Avatar
    Donated: 15$

02.5 Classic Red P5

Minor Complaints

Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way dissatisfied with the P5. I couldn't have designed a better car myself. But I've got a couple minor peeves I guess, and wanted to know what everyone else thought.
    Mine are.

Speedometer, No automatic shutoff of rear defogger, and no fog light indicator.

So what are your peeves?

I have a few mods....

CEO

This topic has been posted and discussed a few times before but anyways.
    I don't like the speedometer either because it doesn't mark the increments of 5.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it

UCLA p5
    Donated: $6.66

Big Blue Bus

I used to not like the speedo, but ive gotten used to it. My friends golf is the same way.

I dont mind the no fog light indicator cause i just leave them on all the time. Besides, its pretty easy to tell if they are on or not, just like your headlights.

My only gripe right now: the girly girl horn. it sounds like the roadrunner... "meep meep!"

Need a louder, lower horn to adequatly tell people that they cant drive for shit.

Allegro Hatchback

Question

The P5 doesn't have a fog light indicator ?!? I though the instrument cluster was the same as mine.

MmOpenFac'dClubSandWedge MP5s Make Ready's Avatar

2002 Red Protege 5

LMAO the meep meep horn...he he....yeah I'm already planning on changing that horn......get a darn air horn, then when you blow the horn no more meep meep and the people will be scared crapless.

Why don't imports ever have nice horns?:confused:

Registered Member banned bandit's Avatar

hehe i want a horn that sounds like my buddies moms catty deville...hehehe horn sounds like a mac truck!
    sold my pro5 for a tuscon

P1kaChu Haz P4rts 4 yU0 Captain KRM P5's Avatar
    Donated: $15

2002 BJFW, 2007 BK3P, 1979 SA22C, 2005 BK3P

I leave my fogs on all the time as well. The speedometer was a peeve of mine, but you get used to it. The cupholders are a step shy of worthless, paint is soft (rock chips = bad), and first gear is a little bit short. Other than that it is a great car.

As for my aftermarket stuff, the needle on my boost gauge rattles too much! Anyone know of a digital boost gauge?

2002 Protege 5

i want a horn where its say'' AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!"... that would be cool.

What are you lookin' at? KYREDP5's Avatar
    Donated: 15$

02.5 Classic Red P5

So far no paint chips. And mine is a 02.5 so I guess my cupholders are more useful.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Allegro Hatchback

I don't know why you don't like the cupholders, they seem fine to me.

P1kaChu Haz P4rts 4 yU0 Captain KRM P5's Avatar
    Donated: $15

2002 BJFW, 2007 BK3P, 1979 SA22C, 2005 BK3P

I do like the spiffy "smuggling compartment" lid over the cup holders, but I don't like that they are so shallow and don't seem to grip cups, soda bottles, etc too well. Now, those "slide out" style Toyota cup holders - ahhh, best...cup holders...ever....
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Donated: $10

Blue MP3 #1169; '06 Subaru B9 Tribeca

zio, there are horns for sale that make the model t whaaahhhhha
    sound...
    great stuff.
    the only drink I ever have in the car is a small gatorade, fits perfectly in the holder and kind of wedges in to stay put.
    -Scott
    MP3 #1169
    (mp3blue)

Karl rules. Click here

I actually didn't notice anything odd about our speedo, but I guess if you guys are mentioning it, I should check it out. I really don't have any peeves about the P5, except for the tailgate. Our regular four doors have a door ajar warning, but why does the tailgate not have a warning. I've driven around a few times with my tailgate not closed all the way. I didn't realize it until I started hearing a rattling noise. I thought I closed the tailgate tight enough but of course it wasn't closed all the way. I wish there was a warning that tells us the tailgate is open, just like the regular doors. Other than this, you can't expect much more from a car at this price.

Fan of Vintage F1 Racing Red Baron's Avatar

SOLD *** 2002 CDN Specs Protegé5

1) A sixth gear, so that engine revs drop by 500RPM when cruising on the highway. That would make the car more fuel efficient.

2) Better seats : they offer no support.

3) Bigger front discs/calipers.

4) 30hp more.

But I have to admit it is still the best car for price on the market. Can't be happier.
    B&M Short shifter, K&N Drop-in, Momo knob, Ray Ban tint...and a Street Pilot 2610 GPS navigation system from Garmin !

Please don't drink and drive. We all love our kids, and we're someone's kid too...

Registered Member

My #1 minor peeve is the outside mirrors, which don't adjust far enough outwards to eliminate the blind spot. And they're a little too small. I'll agree that a fog light indicator would be nice. I only use fog lights in bad weather and when they're on I want to make sure I remember to turn them off again.

The way gas pumps shut off about 1.5 gallons short of a full tank is also a little annoying, ditto for the chip-prone windshield.

None of this changes my opinion of the P5, which is that it's a lot of car and a great drive for the money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast