Minor Complaints

KYREDP5

Contributor
:
02.5 Classic Red P5
Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way dissatisfied with the P5. I couldn't have designed a better car myself. But I've got a couple minor peeves I guess, and wanted to know what everyone else thought.
Mine are.

Speedometer, No automatic shutoff of rear defogger, and no fog light indicator.

So what are your peeves?

This topic has been posted and discussed a few times before but anyways.
I don't like the speedometer either because it doesn't mark the increments of 5.

I used to not like the speedo, but ive gotten used to it. My friends golf is the same way.

I dont mind the no fog light indicator cause i just leave them on all the time. :p Besides, its pretty easy to tell if they are on or not, just like your headlights.

My only gripe right now: the girly girl horn. it sounds like the roadrunner... "meep meep!"

Need a louder, lower horn to adequatly tell people that they cant drive for s***. :D

The P5 doesn't have a fog light indicator ?!? I though the instrument cluster was the same as mine.

LMAO the meep meep horn...he he....yeah I'm already planning on changing that horn......get a darn air horn, then when you blow the horn no more meep meep and the people will be scared crapless.

Why don't imports ever have nice horns?:confused:

I leave my fogs on all the time as well. The speedometer was a peeve of mine, but you get used to it. The cupholders are a step shy of worthless, paint is soft (rock chips = bad), and first gear is a little bit short. Other than that it is a great car.

As for my aftermarket stuff, the needle on my boost gauge rattles too much! Anyone know of a digital boost gauge?

i want a horn where its say'' AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!"... that would be cool.

So far no paint chips. And mine is a 02.5 so I guess my cupholders are more useful.

I do like the spiffy "smuggling compartment" lid over the cup holders, but I don't like that they are so shallow and don't seem to grip cups, soda bottles, etc too well. Now, those "slide out" style Toyota cup holders - ahhh, best...cup holders...ever....

zio, there are horns for sale that make the model t whaaahhhhha
sound...
great stuff.
the only drink I ever have in the car is a small gatorade, fits perfectly in the holder and kind of wedges in to stay put.
:)

I actually didn't notice anything odd about our speedo, but I guess if you guys are mentioning it, I should check it out. I really don't have any peeves about the P5, except for the tailgate. Our regular four doors have a door ajar warning, but why does the tailgate not have a warning. I've driven around a few times with my tailgate not closed all the way. I didn't realize it until I started hearing a rattling noise. I thought I closed the tailgate tight enough but of course it wasn't closed all the way. I wish there was a warning that tells us the tailgate is open, just like the regular doors. Other than this, you can't expect much more from a car at this price.

1) A sixth gear, so that engine revs drop by 500RPM when cruising on the highway. That would make the car more fuel efficient.

2) Better seats : they offer no support.

3) Bigger front discs/calipers.

4) 30hp more.

But I have to admit it is still the best car for price on the market. Can't be happier.

My #1 minor peeve is the outside mirrors, which don't adjust far enough outwards to eliminate the blind spot. And they're a little too small. I'll agree that a fog light indicator would be nice. I only use fog lights in bad weather and when they're on I want to make sure I remember to turn them off again.

The way gas pumps shut off about 1.5 gallons short of a full tank is also a little annoying, ditto for the chip-prone windshield.

None of this changes my opinion of the P5, which is that it's a lot of car and a great drive for the money.

A trick I learned about the tailgate, although it is not very stealth like. If you don't get the gate closed all the way and you push the keyless lock button twice, you wont get the horn honk unless it is closed all the way. It's loud and weak sounding horn but, that's the best way I know to make sure it is closed.

I know about that Bcow, but you can't do that when the car is in motion. You can do it when the car is parked and you're leaving.

Sorry, i was assuming you were opening and closing the gate when the car was stopped. My bad, forgot that you may use it for throwing out barrels of oil at the cops chasing you.

MP5s Make Ready said:
LMAO the meep meep horn...he he....yeah I'm already planning on changing that horn......get a darn air horn, then when you blow the horn no more meep meep and the people will be scared crapless.

Why don't imports ever have nice horns?:confused:

have you heard the horn from the Sentra Se-R Spec-V?

and to think...in 1969 Plymouth put a little horn like that in one of their serious muscle cars ON PURPOSE....

of course no one that had a Road Runner minded.....for they were kickin some serious ass!

Back