Anyone want an MP3 ECU on their P5?

smp3000

Contributor
:
04' EVO VIII
Sup guys,

I have an MP3 and recently went turbo. As many of you may know-the MP3 ECU is a little different than the P5 ECU. There's about a 3-4 HP gain with the MP3 ECU. FM tests

The timing is a bit different in the two and is the main cause for the HP change. Unfoprtunately the incresed timing isn't good for my turbo setup.

I was wondering if any of you with a 2001 P5 would want to do a straight ECU swap. We both win, you get 3-4 extra horse with the MP3 ECU and I get to retard my timing a little for the turbo setup.

If anyone is interested please let me know! :p

hey man if you want advanced timing, why don't you just um, use your adjustable cam gears, lol

but a regular protege ECU will lower his timing to 10 BTDC not 12 BTDC adn allow him to run more boost safely with the 91 octane gas he has available in his area...and the VTCS code that the other car threw would not happen with my ECU as the 2000 proteges don't have VTCS. Also the 1.8L ECU will work with teh 2.0L if I remember correctly Jeremy DeHart used his on his FS-ZE swap so it will work ust fine on the 2.0L with the lower timing he will also run a little safer.

mazda mp3 ecu computer

Sup guys,
I'm interested in ur ECU please reply to perez2b4@yahoo.com or call @ 77-220-2024
I have an MP3 and recently went turbo. As many of you may know-the MP3 ECU is a little different than the P5 ECU. There's about a 3-4 HP gain with the MP3 ECU. FM tests

The timing is a bit different in the two and is the main cause for the HP change. Unfoprtunately the incresed timing isn't good for my turbo setup.

I was wondering if any of you with a 2001 P5 would want to do a straight ECU swap. We both win, you get 3-4 extra horse with the MP3 ECU and I get to retard my timing a little for the turbo setup.

dear lord, this thread is older than most of our cars, its a bit late there my friend!

yea if only it happened again locally. and the dude just happened to be my next door neighbor.
id be over his house in a snap.

Sup guys,
I want it, how much?

do you still want to trade?????? i have a 2003 protege5... need your ecu 2001-2003 and compatible..

Look at the dates! This thread was from 10 years ago. If you want an mp3 ECU go to the FS section and see if one pops up.

Back