My interesting night

KYREDP5

Contributor
:
02.5 Classic Red P5
Just thought I'd tell everyone what happened to me at work last night.

Starts off I go to work about 11:30pm. Semi-normal day, I have to hang price tags for my 15 hours shift. One of the joys of management. (btw I'm a 3rd shift mgr. at a large grocery store.) Workin away untill about 2:40am when I see a guy I've suspected of shoplifting on numorous occasions. Well I follow him around awhile w/o him noticing me when I sneak up behind him and see him sticking some faygo orange soga down his pants.:rolleyes: So I put my hand on his back and tell him he needs to come up front w/ me. He then asks why and I point out the fact that his pants are loaded down. Well he doesn't want to go up fron he wants to walk away. So I grab his arm, he disagreed with that and pushed me and kinda hit me. I figure what the hell at this point and just all out tackle him. We fight our way up towards the front door, running into displays and such, when the other mgr. and a customer see what's going on and help me subdue him. He keeps strugling untill the Police get there and arrest him. All the while stuff is still falling out of his pants. The officer searches him and find 2 pack of slim jims, and a thing of cheese, in addition do the 2 pops and another thing of chees that had fallen out of his pants. I get him to sign the shoplifter admission form which is really stupid of him, he signed away all civil liabilities of the store, employees, etc. Turn out since he fought me the officer charged him with robbery.:D Class C Felony for about 21 dollars worth of stuff.:rolleyes: So that's my excitement for the night. Gotta love it.

soda and cheese, no better reason to get locked up.hahaha glad you got that bastard.

glad to see you got him...bet it sure made the nightshift more fun! lol

wish MY night shifts were that fun!! lol

Yeah, I'm sure working with Hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of nuclear equipment is so boring.:D I'd imagine anything could get boring after awhile though...

KYREDP5 said:
Yeah, I'm sure working with Hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of nuclear equipment is so boring.:D I'd imagine anything could get boring after awhile though...

boring? no, not really.....but I would DEARLY love to smack the crap out of some of the people out here I have to deal with....

(stash)

BondoBob said:
OH DEAR! Officer...that man just put a nuclear device down his pants!

lol....I do that EVERY DAY!!! LOL

(stash)

and just for the record...NO IT DON'T GLOW GREEN!!!! just to properly educate you all.....the nuclear fuel glows BLUE!! or at least appears to.

Its called the "CERENKOV EFFECT" When Beta particles are emitted with such high kinetic energies that their velocities exceed the speed of light in water. When this occurs, photons, seen to the eye as blue light, are emmitted and the reactor fuel "glows" BLUE.

for more detail CLICK HERE!!

IF i can locate a COLOR picture of some of our fuel I will post it up later.

Sir Nuke said:

lol....I do that EVERY DAY!!! LOL

(stash)

and just for the record...NO IT DON'T GLOW GREEN!!!! just to properly educate you all.....the nuclear fuel glows BLUE!! or at least appears to.

Its called the "CERENKOV EFFECT" When Beta particles are emitted with such high kinetic energies that their velocities exceed the speed of light in water. When this occurs, photons, seen to the eye as blue light, are emmitted and the reactor fuel "glows" BLUE.

for more detail CLICK HERE!!

IF i can locate a COLOR picture of some of our fuel I will post it up later.

The calculations on that website are way over my head!:eek:

If I had to guess I'd say it is the doppler effect, but for particles emitting photons... Kind of like the red shift / blue shift that astronomers use to determine the relative velocity of distant stars wrt to earth...

Also, at first you might think "nothing can travel faster than light" (a whole different discussion altogether).. but light is slower in water and various mediums than it is in air or vacuum... whereas the particle EMITTING the photons may travel at c regardless of the medium it is in.

enry said:
If I had to guess I'd say it is the doppler effect, but for particles emitting photons... Kind of like the red shift / blue shift that astronomers use to determine the relative velocity of distant stars wrt to earth...

Also, at first you might think "nothing can travel faster than light" (a whole different discussion altogether).. but light is slower in water and various mediums than it is in air or vacuum... whereas the particle EMITTING the photons may travel at c regardless of the medium it is in.

yes enry....its very similar to that very process that astronomers use.

So we have thieves snapping into a Slim Jim and Sir Nuke snapping into an inanimate carbon rod. My new job is going to be so much more mundane than this.

Sir Nuke said:

well don't try to caluclate it! lol just read the words!! lol

oh and there is pictures too.

(stash)

I'm guilty as chaged of just scrolling through because I was at work.

Good story KYREDP5! That would definitely make for an exciting shift here. The most excitement we get here is when donuts arrive or we have a fire drill! :D

BigBlue said:
Good story KYREDP5! That would definitely make for an exciting shift here. The most excitement we get here is when donuts arrive or we have a fire drill! :D

donuts? firedrill?

what are you ? a COP or a fireman? LOL

we don't LIKE excitement at work....excitement at a NUCLEAR plant is BAD!!!! LOL

Sir Nuke said:

donuts? firedrill?

what are you ? a COP or a fireman? LOL

we don't LIKE excitement at work....excitement at a NUCLEAR plant is BAD!!!! LOL

Hehe methinks Spoolin will be in here to kick your butt if he hears you making fun of the fine boys in blue! :) No, I work in an office. Actually we have a great view of the street below so we often check out accidents and watch people accidentally go the wrong way on a one-way street! Weeee!

[email]tom@kartboy.com[/email] said:
i like cheese! :D

Hahahahahahahaha.... Me too!
I don't think I would want to get arrested and have the s*** kicked out of me for a brick of it though. LOL.

Nuke, when I first read your post all I could think of was the intro. to the Simpsons... When Homer leaves work and throws the peice of radioactive junk out the window while driving home. :)

KYREDP5 you did a good job! That kicks major ass. Back when I was an MP in the national guard, I was off duty shopping in the Post Exchange at Camp Shelby and watched a fellow MP catch a visitor to the base shoplifting. It was not pretty for the idiot theif. ;-)

Back