SS brake lines

Rogue

Red 5 Standing by
Contributor
:
2003 MSP
SS brake lines/Brake Pads

I'm looking to possibly upgrade my lines, pads, and eventually rotors.

I went to Corksports site and have Corksport SS Lines and GOODRIDGE G-Stop Brake Line Kit. Does anyone have any experience with either set? OR any other set? Recommendations?

What pads are good? Are CF pads good?

Thanx
(2thumbs)

Last edited:
i have the goodridge ones from mazdaspeed site. got them for like $70 shipped through a friend. my honest opinion? possibly the best ever mod i have made. i have no other performance mods on my car but comparing it to all the appearance mods i made it is the best mod. cheap and really helps out. you really do feel a difference. everybody should have this. (sounds like a commercial but they are trully great).

i never tried the corksport ones so i will neither say bad or good things about them. shop the price and get more opinions and make the decision. but i am sure whatever set you go with, you are not going to be disapointed.

Rogue Pro5 said:
how hard is the install?
install took all of 20 minutes or so then i had a friend get in car and help bleed the breaks. make sure u pick up some brake fluid before starting.

Rogue Pro5 said:
how hard is the install?

i believe there is a howto here somewhere. i had a friend do it for me and i was helping him. get a bleeder kit, it doesnt have to be expensive. as with everything, you should have an understading of how brakes work. it is not hard. but make sure that you tighten everything (do not overtorque since goodridge bolts are easy to break - but you can, and i do, use stock ones) and make sure you bleed properly.

the most important thing you should understand is that brakes is probably the most important part on your car and it is not something you should play around with. so if you have never done any mechanical work or don't have the right tools - don't do it - take it to a shop.

well, i installed my own suspension this past week...so i know my way around tools. But like YellowMP5 says, they're one of the most important parts of the car. I'll probably do them myself, but with the help from someone who's done brakes before.

Corksport - I
Goodridge - I

what about pads?

I have the Corksports. =)

Buy them, for sure; You'll LOVE them. =) I like no pedal movement, so I have that, an oversized master cylinder, grabby pads (Axxis Ceramic), and Brembo rotors.

Once I get four piston calipers set up from an FC on there, too... Well. =)

One thing while you're installing is to try to keep the lines way away from the frame. Enjoy!

i have the corksports, only problem was all the hex stock they used on my kit (may have changed/ odd kit) is standard, not metric. the treads and stuff are fine, but the keyed points on the hardline and strut attachment points don't fit.

also, clean everything real good. i had soemthing in one of my hardline connections, left a real small leak that only dripped, but you could feel it in the petal sometimes.

and bleed, bleed, bleed thoroughly. preferably with the engine running. the last time I bled was with the engine off, pedal felt rock solid till i turned the car on, then it went straight to the floor. one pump and it had pressure again, but felt like there was now a huge bubble in the system. still haven't gotten it feeling quite right yet.

any Pad recommendations? I saw some CF pads on Corksports site. I've heard Hawks aren't so great.

motul superblue, or the like, anything dot 3/4 compliant. the blue is usefull for bleeding, easy to see when new stuff is through the system.

I have hawks, they are ok, but lots of brake dust, my wheels need cleaned on a weekly basis. ohters might be better though, don't know.

Axxis Ceramics are working pretty well for me. EBC is almost always a good bet, too. Green Stuff pads I had for my old Volvo were great. =)

Got the Corksports. Feels great. I can lock up the tires earlier without any "give" in the pedal feel.

I'll take it to the track this Saturday and let you know.

I don't think CF pads will work They are used more for racing, since they take longer to heat up, and work better at higher temps.
I've got the Axxis Metalmaster pads with the Rotor Works rotors and they feel awsome. No fade at all, and very little dusting.

Ok, so right now I'm looking at Corksport Lines, Green Stuff Pads, and Motul Superblue fluids.

Any different recomendation?

Back