Question about filter placement..dont worry, its not another SRI/CAI argument!

b00sted

:
03.5 Mazdaspeed Ti
hey i was wonderin if it would be possible to just put a filter on the turbo inlet..and just take the whole intake pipe out..? is that possible? would there be stalling issues because it would eliminate the BPV?

b00sted said:
hey i was wonderin if it would be possible to just put a filter on the turbo inlet..and just take the whole intake pipe out..? is that possible? would there be stalling issues because it would eliminate the BPV?
I dont think it would be easy. What would you do with the mass air flow sensor? You can out the forge bov/bpv on in place of the stock bpv.

b00sted said:
Alright, You are wanting to remove the entire intake before the turbo and stick a filter on it? See Picture...

MP5T%202.jpg

That will work really great, but what are you going to do with your Mass Air sensor?

It would help me to get you a better answer if you would explain why you want to do this?

The mass air would have to be put in the system somewhere, Ie. The pressure side like mine is, in the picture just below the extra injector, It has a blue dot on it.

b00sted said:
You need either a Blow off or By-Pass. No Debate.

Back