Injen Intake

Theninemilly

:
2003 MSP
Hey guys it's my first post here and i had a couple of questions. I do not have a MP3 but i have purchased a MazdaSpeed Protege that should be here in a couple weeks. I was wondering if the intake on the MP3 will fit? Also does everyone like there Injen CAI? Thank you guys very much!

By the way here's a website that you can see my current car.

www.cardomain.com/id/theninemilly

Once again Thanks!

Brian

hmm

im not sure if it fits cause its turbo, but hey i really dont know. but yea its a good intake, either cut or remove the bottom peice of plastic when it goes into the fender, i find it sucks more air but u must be careful about water when it rains or when u go to carwash (if u dont do it urself) all i do is shove a small old pillow up there when it rains haha, works pretty well though.
if neone reads this, does the aem by pass and the splash gaurd acutally help against water?

ok, first..ninemilly,nice car... and why would you need a cai, with a turbo...

lazablue...it shouldnt matter, because the filter is tucked away, i have the splash guard, and am considering removal, since it never gets wet

derrick1623 said:
ok, first..ninemilly,nice car... and why would you need a cai, with a turbo...

lazablue...it shouldnt matter, because the filter is tucked away, i have the splash guard, and am considering removal, since it never gets wet

your right derrick.....NEITHER are needed.....I was actually TALKED INTO buying the splash guard...and it made putting on the filter a lot harder....BUT....the VERY first time I remove it for cleaning...the heat shield is staying OFF.....

nice millena i think the way mazda made the msp is so you cant modifi it easly, I think the only thing you really can do is get a k&n drop in filter other than that you cant do any thing to it with out basicly reenginering the turbo system

The Injen definitely will not work. The injen is designed to go from the throttle body to the wheel well. Now you have a turbo, and the throttle body pipe goes directly to the turbo outlet, and a very short pipe goes from the air filter to the turbo inlet. You could probably fabricate something to get rid of the airbox. I think with the MSP you will unlock a few more horses without that crappy stock intake.

Chris

Back