Unlocking and Locking Success

zul114

:
Protege 5, 2003
Well I have wired everything together for unlocking my car through my e-brake. I would like to unlock my car when the e-brake is up (that is DONE) but I want to lock my car when my e-brake is down. For some reason I can't send a pulse to the lock module.

I am using a pulse timer and relay

I have attached a drawing of my wiring. Could you guys take a look at it and tell me what I should do.

Thanks so much

Attachments

• switch_graph.jpg
    switch_graph.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 130
OK, from looking at the diagram you should be able to remove the relay from your current circuit, it's just acting as an amperage amplifier adn I don't think you need that for the timer relay. Unfortunaately it's been about 2-3 years since I've used a pulse timer and I don't completely remember all the wiring and circuits on it. You should be able to use one to do both lock and un-lock but you might need two to do it. If you could post or send me the instructions sheet I can look it over and make sure.

AWESOME!!!(headbang)

I want to know more.

Can you give me more detailed instructions on how to do this.

I will scan in the diagram for the pulse timer, I have a feeling I will have to run another relay into the pulse timer not sure yet.

Jason

Well i tried hooking up a resistor to the relay to make it lock, but I am getting no luck.

could something in the pulse timer keep it from dropping the voltage

Please help, I can't figure out how to lock the car through the pulse timer

Here is the wiring for the pulse timer. attached in the beginning is the wiring i have done so far.

Please help
Jason

Attachments

• pulsetimer.jpg
    pulsetimer.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 96
Back