A-pillar gauges

YayArea420

:
2003.5 Titanium Grey
Does anyone know of any gauges that are color matcthed to our gauges? As in silver faced with red lights?

YayArea420 said:
Does anyone know of any gauges that are color matcthed to our gauges? As in silver faced with red lights?
Well I have a couple of pictures of both. The first is a close up of the defi d gauges. Second defi d's lit up at night (both not of my car I stole these pictures cause I like the set-up, props to whoevers car this is) and the last one is of my defi gauge on my car. As you can see in the last picture in mine, it has the black bezel holding the needle as in the 2003 msp gauges but the face is more of white then silver. The color at night like in the second pic is a little decieving i'll take one when it's dark here. It looks like it matches perfectly in that picture but it's really more of an orange then a red, but you can only really notice when you have the gauge right in front of your stock gauges like my gauge on the steering wheel. Just my opinion though.

Attachments

• gauges2.jpg
    gauges2.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 288
  • gauges1.jpg
    gauges1.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 267
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:
Here's some autometer's that everyone gets. Also stole pic. Anyway when these light up however it's more of a glow round the edge of the inside of the gauge and not through the number I believe this throws off the matching regardless of the color. The color it glows is red btw. That's why I think the defi match better even though it's more orange at least it glows through the numbers and not the border of the gauge. Well I've given you 2 examples that people believe match the closest without cutting into the reliability of the gauge. Both gauges are very reliable (spelling?haha)

Attachments

• silverbezel-frontview.jpg
    silverbezel-frontview.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 232
  • dave-b_leadfoot2.jpg
    dave-b_leadfoot2.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
One more of autometer at night and autometer on a pillar.

Attachments

• Picture 174.jpg
    Picture 174.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 244
  • night2.jpg
    night2.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 233
Thaks a lot!! The defi gauges look a lot better. The light does look better through the #'s. Do the defi gauges fit in an autometer a-pillar? Also where can I find them the cheapest? I know they cost a bit of money.

Not sure about the pod question. I would assume yes just as long as it's the right size such as if the pod was for 52mm gauges obviously only 52mm would work. This site has them http://www.ravspec.com/pcatalogue.asp?tID=1168&sID=2148 the boost gauge seems to be around the price I got mine for. If you go to the boost gauge at that site it shows it lit up in the black gauge and the white gauge, that's the orange I was talking about, also if you get the white boost gauge around the bezel that holds the needle it glows a little bit white i think it looks cool again i'll post pics of mine later tonight at night. I bought mine from some place a long time ago I lost the site. Also check here http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79697 Arunto sells them cheaper I would buy from him. Let me know if you need anymore help.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the help. I seen on the site that is says: Size: 52mm (2 1/16)
so it should fit the autometer ones. But thanks again for the fast help.

chrisjw85 said:
Well I have a couple of pictures of both. The first is a close up of the defi d gauges. Second defi d's lit up at night (both not of my car I stole these pictures cause I like the set-up, props to whoevers car this is) and the last one is of my defi gauge on my car. As you can see in the last picture in mine, it has the black bezel holding the needle as in the 2003 msp gauges but the face is more of white then silver. The color at night like in the second pic is a little decieving i'll take one when it's dark here. It looks like it matches perfectly in that picture but it's really more of an orange then a red, but you can only really notice when you have the gauge right in front of your stock gauges like my gauge on the steering wheel. Just my opinion though.

anyone know where to get that 3 level din gauge holder on the first post?

Staying on topic......well sorta

Did I get screwed???? I got AutoMeter Phantom gauges (a/f, boost, exaust) in a 3 gauge(duh) a-piller....They did cost me quite a bit of $$$. The install was about the same price as the gauges them selfs.

What should I have spent on this project? (please be specific USD or CAN)

Keep in mind the install is flawless, pro and almost invisible. The guy who installed did a really nice job.

Back