Need Good set of Directions

Leadfoot

Potential Scammer!
:
Mazdaspeed Protege '03
Like the thread says....I need a good set of directions from Queens NYC to I-280 in NJ.....

I know the area a bit myself, but it's been a while since I rolled up into Hoboken (where I used to go). I've checked on Mapquest, but it would be nice if someone familiar with the trip could give landmarks, warnings about "hidden" exits, etc....

I'm not sure if the Holland Tunnel or the Lincoln Tunnel is the better way to go...I'd like to give directions that are the most simple.

YellowSpeedinNY & I are meeting up this Sunday at the Rockaway Mall in NJ, and that is right off of I-80. I know that once he gets onto I-280, it's a straight shot for him to get to I-80. Thanks alot for all of your help!! :D

Lincoln Tunnel to Rt 3 W to NJ Turnpike South to I-280W

Or Holland Tunnel to NJ Turnpike Extension to NJ Turnpike North to I-280W

I'm assuming he knows how to get into and across Manhattan from Queens....if he doesn't there's gotta be something wrong with him lol

There's not many tricks....coming out of the Holland keep to the left to get on the Turnpike. From the Lincoln there's plenty of signs, it's a right hand exit

I-280 begins right from the Turnpike exit.

(For YellowSpeedinNY)

From here, you take I-280W to I-80W

Exit Right at Exit# 35A....follow jug handle around & make a right to cross over Interstate...

The mall entrance is just over the Interstate on your right hand side...

Make Right into Mall Entrance, and stay to right as you drive in....I'll be waiting in the first set of parking spaces when you get there. See you around 5pm

Give yourself about an hour or so to get to there....about the same time I'm gonna need. I'll PM you my wife's cell # so if you get turned around or are late, we can catch up. See you there bro!!

"There's not many tricks....coming out of the Holland keep to the left to get on the Turnpike. From the Lincoln there's plenty of signs, it's a right hand exit"

i believe once you get off the Holland Tunnel and keep left is US 1-9 south

if you keep right, its NJ Turnpike

these are the directions i got from mapquest tell me if its good:

14. Stay straight to go onto TUNNEL EXIT ST/QUEENS MIDTOWN TUNNEL EXIT. <0.1 miles

15. Turn RIGHT onto E 34TH ST. 1.2 miles

16. Turn RIGHT onto DYER AVE. 0.1 miles

17. Take the LINCOLN TUNNEL ramp. <0.1 miles

18. Merge onto I-495 W. 4.2 miles

19. Take the N.J. TURNPIKE SOUTH exit on the left toward TRENTON/NEWARK AIRPORT. 0.1 miles

20. Merge onto NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE S/I-95 S (Portions toll). 3.8 miles

21. Merge onto I-280 W via exit number 15W toward KEARNY/THE ORANGES (Portions toll). 17.4 miles

22. Take the I-80 W exit on the left toward DOVER/DEL WATER GAP. 0.4 miles

23. Merge onto I-80 EXPRESS LN W. 2.2 miles

24. I-80 EXPRESS LN W becomes I-80 W. 8.4 miles

25. Take the exit- exit number 35A- toward DOVER. 0.2 miles

26. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto MT HOPE AVE/CR-661 S. 0.3 miles

27. Turn RIGHT. 0.1 miles

28. Turn RIGHT onto ROCKAWAY TOWNSQUARE MALL.

styles_t said:
"There's not many tricks....coming out of the Holland keep to the left to get on the Turnpike. From the Lincoln there's plenty of signs, it's a right hand exit"

i believe once you get off the Holland Tunnel and keep left is US 1-9 south

if you keep right, its NJ Turnpike

s*** you're right.

Yup those directions sound right. Lincoln Tunnel -> I-495/Rt 3 W -> NJ Turnpike southbound -> Exit 15W -> I-280 W -> I-80W.

well, you got the word from jersey bro....sounds like those directions should work :D We both have eachother's cell #'s incase there's a delay. I'll see you there!!

Back