Mazda automatic with manual gear

tml

You know how the Mazda 3 has automatic and a manual gear shift? Is there any advantage to using the gear shift over the automatic or is it just for play? Let me know.

tml said:
You know how the Mazda 3 has automatic and a manual gear shift? Is there any advantage to using the gear shift over the automatic or is it just for play? Let me know.
actually you can get slightly better gas mileage with a manual transmission.....

however....if you do a LOT of city driving and in stop and go traffic.....and you are not a hard core manual type of person....you may want an automatic.

Personally.....EVERYTHING I own has a manual transmission in it, with the exception of my lawnmower.

Sir Nuke: He already has the sportshift automatic, he's just asking if there is any advantage of the sportshift mode over automatic mode.

tml: Basically the sportshift is just for play. the sad truth is sportshift or not, you still have a torque converter. Besides, when I test drove on of the sportshift auto mazda3's at revitup with sportshift mode, it didnt shift when I wanted to. Probably a one or two second lag after I hit "+" before the damn thing actually shifted.

P.S. Manual transmission forever!

i believe he is talking about the manumatic shifting vs letting the auto do its thing on the automatic transmission.

the manumatic is just for play basically. most likely you will see poorer milage using it.

well DUH! guess I read a little too much into it...

yep the sport mode is just to play....you really won't get anything out of it...

Back