If I change my car colour

hiutin

Hello

I went to dealer a couple days ago

A mazda6 silver is onsale $4000 cheaper than the black one ( the dealer not going to get any more 2004 m6)

I would like to buy the silver one

But if i change my car colour, is it going to void the warranty?

if not , usually how much is it to paint the whole car?

only thing it would void is the warantee on the paint itself. but any reputable place you get your paint done at should have a warantee anyway on their work. to completly change the color of the car, most high quality shops will charge you a couple thousand (for quality work, i know some people will chime in saying they know someone who will do it for a six pack and a bag of doritos) but for quality work it will cost you. is there no other dealer in a say 200 mile radius that may have one for the color your looking for?

Just get the offer they made you (on the silver) in writing and bring that to another dealership. When they ask you why you're not dealing with the other guy, don't tell them you're trying to pull a fast one, make up some story about how you didn't like the way you were treated or that their dealership is more conveniently located.

Any dealership worth it's salt will MATCH a price. I've never heard of a color factoring into the price THAT MUCH! (aside from my orange speed purchace of course) Good luck

yeah what warenty is covered by factory paint? chip? Fading? Peeling? Other? serious question...

there is no warranty on factory paint unless you opt for the super expensive protection package, which is totally gay

Only paint I see protecting is the color changing miata one....

It will drop the resale value of your car considerably..and it will cost you $3-4000 just to get it done right anyway. Going to Maaco for their $250 Presidential Service is like slashing $4000 from the resale value of your car.

If you want a black car, buy a black car.

The good thing about silver is that it hardly anything shows on it. But I still LOVE my Lapis Blue.

I live in Alaska

And there is only one dealer here

fuxk that!

So they will still waranty my car
only void the paing warranty, right??

drivetrain and other parts will still be covered...paint won't....just resell it private and insure the paint is of good quality. Remember the original paint is in the vin IIRC

why would you want black over silver anyways? Your asking for trouble. The silver looks sexy, won't scratch so easily, and will age ten times better. You also won't have to wash it 7 times a week.

Back