Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gone in "6" seconds Own3d ....speed limit broken by over 140mph !!!

Dad i will miss you 4ever

Gone in "6" seconds Own3d ....speed limit broken by over 140mph !!!

Motorcyclist Allegedly Broke Speed Limit By 140 MPH

POSTED: 2:05 pm EDT September 21, 2004

WABASHA, Minn. -- A motorcyclist in Minnesota has been arrested for speeding -- while allegedly going faster than 200 mph.

The speed limit was 65 mph on U.S. Highway 61 near Wabasha. Police said Samuel Tilley was breaking that limit by 140 mph. They said a state patrol pilot who was flying overhead clocked Tilley doing 205 miles an hour while racing with another motorcyclist.

Pilot Al Loney said the bike was traveling nearly twice as fast as his plane. He radioed ahead to another state trooper, who pulled the two cyclists over.

Only the faster one was arrested.

Tilley is charged with reckless driving and driving without a motorcycle license -- in addition to the speeding charge.

Donated: $10

P5

He radioed ahead to another state trooper, who pulled the two cyclists over.

How?

3.5 Mazdaspeed Protege

Damn. I cant believe they stopped.
    2006 Volvo S60R
    Red / Atacama Interior
    18" Pegasus Wheels
    6 Speed Manual

2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege - SOLD
    Black Leather Seats
    Joe P MBC
    Eibach Sportline Springs
    Kartboy Short Shifter
    Kartboy Shifter Bushings
    DGM AutoExe Replica Grill
    Autometer Ultralite Guages
    Dave B Brushed Aluminum Guage Rings

2004 HD Sportster 1200C
    Cycle Shack Exhaust
    Jetted

Dad i will miss you 4ever

the chopper cop radio'd ahead for a ground unit to intervein .. or maybe they were done racing when they got bagged .. but I ust died when I read .. they arrested the faster one .. .. i bet the guy who lost is just fuckin dyin laughin.

06 wrx

Damn, lucky for the guy with the slower bike haha. Im sure he got a ticket too though.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid_Ag
    0-1000 rpm : ha
    1000-2000 rpm : heehee
    2000-3000 rpm : meh
    3000-4000 rpm : eh
    4000-5000 rpm : ahhh im spent
    5000-6000 rpm : hahahahaah
    6000-6500 rpm : why are you here?
    (owned)

'02 protege LX, (3, yes 3) '99 protege ES', '90 Miata, '89 240sx

Lance Armstrong is faster. haha.

P5

This could just as easily be mentioned in the Darwin Awards.

1991 Taurus SHO, 2003 Black Mazdaspeed Protege

lol Did anyone see that episode of Real TV where a Police chopper was trying to keep up with some in what I think was a blue 'busa with FI.... It was amazing to see how quickly he pulled on that helicopter. Dude must've been crazy, but jeez what a rush to go that fast so close to the ground. He's lucky he made it out alive.
    The Official MUST READ OF THE MONTH:
    /forum/showp...7&postcount=27
    Turbo hype + Turbo lag - Turbo power = VTEC
    The MSP doesn't really "hesitate". It's just unsure of it's movement.

Now for the fun stuff!
    Performance mods are: Apex 3in open j-pipe, Injen, H2O Intercooler Sprayer (I swear it makes a slight difference), Kartboy shifter bushings/exhaust hangers, Corksport SS Clutch line, NSN Motorsports Throttle Body Spacer, Turbohoses Aluminum Hardpipes, BoostSciences Dual Stage Boost Controller, DSM AFC v. 2, Turbohoses SMIC, Front and Rear EBC Dimpled and Slotted Rotors, EBC Yellow Stuff pads, AWR MTX Motor Mounts, Street Unit Intake Manifold, QTP Electric Cut-out, AWR trailing arms, GT Spec V brace, Evolv Rear Sway Bar Brackets, MAM Exhaust Manifold, TWM Short Throw Shifter, MAM 60mmTB
    Mods that have nothing to do with making the car quicker are: Alpine CDA-9855, JL Audio 12w3, Stewart Warner Boost Gauge with way more boost than I'll EVER use, HKS TT, AEM WB O2 Sensor

Brakes just slow you down Spooled's Avatar

Mazdaspeed Protege

Quote Originally Posted by Puckpimp71
    lol Did anyone see that episode of Real TV where a Police chopper was trying to keep up with some in what I think was a blue 'busa with FI.... It was amazing to see how quickly he pulled on that helicopter. Dude must've been crazy, but jeez what a rush to go that fast so close to the ground. He's lucky he made it out alive.
    Imagine what it's like on the salt flats during top speed tests.
    Speedy no more...

'02 protege LX, (3, yes 3) '99 protege ES', '90 Miata, '89 240sx

Anyone hear the story about the Y2K (Helicopter turbine powered motorcycle) where the guy was going 250+mph in a 65mph zone and was pulled over and given a $10,000 ticket. The owner of the Y2K sent a copy to the ticket to the manufacturer.
    The bike is well capable of going over 300mph

As I recall, Jay Leno has one of them too.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Donated: $15

2001 Mazda Protegé5

*quote from the chinese guy in white civic from Fast and furious*

"damn he's fast"

Master of ALL Things :{D Sir Nuke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by + friction
    He radioed ahead to another state trooper, who pulled the two cyclists over.

How?
    one thing is for sure...you may outrun the car....you may out run the plane, you may out run the chopper....

but you can not out run Motorola!
    '02' Vivid Yellow P-5 / 5-Speed / MoonRoof / Rota Battles with Yokohama ES 100's 215/40/17 / Tinted Windows / Bosal Cat-Back / Injen CAI / B&M Short Throw Shifter/kartboy Bushings / Eibach Pro Kit and....oh yeah, and that BAD Ass flaming skull on the back quarter windows!

2010 Rally Sport Camaro. Infero Orange Matelic, 312 h.p. V6, White Rally Stripes, 20" Polished wheels, 6 speed Automatic w/ manual over ride that has paddle shifters, Boston Acutics 250 watt / 9 speaker sound system, USB PORT, full guage package (no idiot lights), HID's, halo lights around the head lights, blacked out tail lights, rear spoiler, special interior package (two tone leather, black w/ orange insert in the middle, orange inserts on door panels that up to the front of the door and then across the dash, special orange accents in the gauges, and all the stiching on the seats, doors, and the shifter is orange.) :{D

and thanks to Enry I have my own smile

Quote Originally Posted by Puckpimp71
    The new Ford GT40 can do this too. If you go to Ford.com and dig around there is the commercial there where its all filmed...watch the HOW IT WAS MADE video and the pilot talks about how he couldn't keep up....
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Complete Protege Junkie

mp3 and elise

I imagine that they slowed down after racing then pulled over like good citizens.
    B&M SS
    DG ram air hood/intake
    K Sport Coilovers
    10.7 HC pistons
    AWR motor mounts
    Rotora SS brake lines <----these are crap
    Rotora Slotted rotors
    Porterfield racing pads
    AWR header
    Sparco Torinos
    Kartboy bushings

Quote Originally Posted by Installshield 2
    the U.S. doesn't care as much though... we have been blessed with the unstoppable fucking awesomeness that is NASCAR...

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy
    Anyone hear the story about the Y2K (Helicopter turbine powered motorcycle) where the guy was going 250+mph in a 65mph zone and was pulled over and given a $10,000 ticket. The owner of the Y2K sent a copy to the ticket to the manufacturer.
    The bike is well capable of going over 300mph

As I recall, Jay Leno has one of them too.
    YEP...Leno has one of these in his COLLECTION....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast