Gone in "6" seconds Own3d ....speed limit broken by over 140mph !!!

MP5Raycer

Motorcyclist Allegedly Broke Speed Limit By 140 MPH

<TEXT id=txt_posted>POSTED:</TEXT> 2:05 pm EDT September 21, 2004

<!--startindex-->WABASHA, Minn. -- A motorcyclist in Minnesota has been arrested for speeding -- while allegedly going faster than 200 mph.

The speed limit was 65 mph on U.S. Highway 61 near Wabasha. Police said Samuel Tilley was breaking that limit by 140 mph. They said a state patrol pilot who was flying overhead clocked Tilley doing 205 miles an hour while racing with another motorcyclist.

Pilot Al Loney said the bike was traveling nearly twice as fast as his plane. He radioed ahead to another state trooper, who pulled the two cyclists over. <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Only the faster one was arrested.

Tilley is charged with reckless driving and driving without a motorcycle license -- in addition to the speeding charge.

the chopper cop radio'd ahead for a ground unit to intervein .. or maybe they were done racing when they got bagged .. but I ust died when I read .. they arrested the faster one .. .. i bet the guy who lost is just ****** dyin laughin.

lol Did anyone see that episode of Real TV where a Police chopper was trying to keep up with some in what I think was a blue 'busa with FI.... It was amazing to see how quickly he pulled on that helicopter. Dude must've been crazy, but jeez what a rush to go that fast so close to the ground. He's lucky he made it out alive.

Puckpimp71 said:
lol Did anyone see that episode of Real TV where a Police chopper was trying to keep up with some in what I think was a blue 'busa with FI.... It was amazing to see how quickly he pulled on that helicopter. Dude must've been crazy, but jeez what a rush to go that fast so close to the ground. He's lucky he made it out alive.
Imagine what it's like on the salt flats during top speed tests.

Anyone hear the story about the Y2K (Helicopter turbine powered motorcycle) where the guy was going 250+mph in a 65mph zone and was pulled over and given a $10,000 ticket. The owner of the Y2K sent a copy to the ticket to the manufacturer.
The bike is well capable of going over 300mph

As I recall, Jay Leno has one of them too.

*quote from the chinese guy in white civic from Fast and furious*

"damn he's fast"

+ friction said:
He radioed ahead to another state trooper, who pulled the two cyclists over.

How?
one thing is for sure...you may outrun the car....you may out run the plane, you may out run the chopper....

but you can not out run Motorola!

Puckpimp71 said:
The new Ford GT40 can do this too. If you go to Ford.com and dig around there is the commercial there where its all filmed...watch the HOW IT WAS MADE video and the pilot talks about how he couldn't keep up....

Prodigy said:
Anyone hear the story about the Y2K (Helicopter turbine powered motorcycle) where the guy was going 250+mph in a 65mph zone and was pulled over and given a $10,000 ticket. The owner of the Y2K sent a copy to the ticket to the manufacturer.
The bike is well capable of going over 300mph

As I recall, Jay Leno has one of them too.
YEP...Leno has one of these in his COLLECTION....

Sir Nuke said:
one thing is for sure...you may outrun the car....you may out run the plane, you may out run the chopper....

but you can not out run Motorola!
Go see "Mischeif 3000" :D
(watch the extra features, the one guy talks about how they had their scanner on and were listening to the cops calling in the mile marker like 10 miles behind them)

I sure as hell wouldnt have. In fact I would have been a total asshole and messed with 'em. Let them get close and then just rip off...

Back