Body/chassis flex and creaking

FunkyBuddha

Tuned by Slick Nick
:
2003 Spicy Orange MSP
Ok..ever since I installed my racing beat sway bar and adjustable endlinks..I've been getting creaking sounds around the b-pillar and moonroof area as well as the A-pillar area...(I know cause i can hear the double sided tape of the dgm carbon pillar making sticking/unsticking sounds). I know the upper chassis is flexing. The sunroof creaks even when it's closed.

This happens on turns, exit ramps, parking garage ramps, and whenever I approach a steep ramp at an angle.

Anybody else experiencing this? How would I remedy it? Should I have Mazda tighten the chassis bolts? With a factory moonroof, are there added reinforcements to the roof or body?

damn i get the same thing when I make a turn or even when backing out of my driveway in the morning after my car has settled during the night. It feels like the whole car is flexing and it feels like my car isn't sturdy.. It might just be the sunroof area that flexes because that's the only place I hear that noise when the car is in an akward position. I hope its just the sunroof..

Not sure it'll cure anything, but have you greased your sunroof "seals"?? I don't really think that there's much in the form of Bolts that you can really tighten to assist with this. I'd say the only REAL solution would be a rollcage of some form. I'd imagine, that mazda could see your mods and call it a contributing factor to the problem. Wish I had somethign more helpful tosay. *eek*

I heard it too when I first installed the AWR 21mm swaybar....but after some tweaking of the links and the front tie-bar, all is good now. It only took about 5 adjustments to the swaybar links and location to get it right. Now, I can take the turns as fast as the tires can still grip the road.

ZoomThis said:
I heard it too when I first installed the AWR 21mm swaybar....but after some tweaking of the links and the front tie-bar, all is good now. It only took about 5 adjustments to the swaybar links and location to get it right. Now, I can take the turns as fast as the tires can still grip the road.
He's right I was riding shotgun when the tires were at the point of loosing traction. No creaking, only squealing! (thumb)

LZ

I have GC coilovers on my 03 P5, and I get hte same creeking....however on my 02 stock P5....I have yet to hear any noises

Also, you make sure you have the swaybar installed correctly. The first time I installed it, I put it in upside down. Did you use ureathane grease on the bushings before installing the bar? Beyond that, I am not sure what else to tell you.

ZoomThis said:
Also, you make sure you have the swaybar installed correctly. The first time I installed it, I put it in upside down. Did you use ureathane grease on the bushings before installing the bar? Beyond that, I am not sure what else to tell you.

How do you like the gtspec brace. did you notice a diference when you installed it?

A little bit....but I when I installed the tie bar, I aready had the springs, struts, rear sway bar, end links. But it did make the car feel solid.

ZoomThis said:
A little bit....but I when I installed the tie bar, I aready had the springs, struts, rear sway bar, end links. But it did make the car feel solid.

is it a simple bolt on and does it come w/ any nescessary parts?

Ya..swaybar is installed correctly..don't worry.
I don't wanna result to a frickin roll cage.

The front tie bar was a 15 minute job to do. Take the bolts out for the lower control arm, then reassemble with the tie bar inline with the bolts. The only thing easier to do than this, is bolting in a new front strut bar.

Back