You guys are gonna hate me but...

shaolin

:
MSP-->RX8-->Something big, quick, and German
You guys are gonna hate me but...UPDATE PICS ON PG 4

:eek: :eek: I know you guys will think I'm nuts, but I traded it in. I just bought it last november, but I went to the dealer to pick up an oil filter, and the owner of the dealership approached me and said he would do anything for me to trade in my "limited edition vehicle." I said gimme an RX-8. Check this out:

500 down
18,000 for my trade (I only owed 16000)
I have excellent credit, and am Mazda loyal, so they gave me 0.002% financing for 6 years...yeah yeah I know that's a long time, but hey...
Sticker for the RX-8 was 32,000 and I got it for 27,000.
Payments are about 430/mo. about 50 more.
My insurance actually stayed the same.

I can barely believe it myself. I was at the dealer for 12 hours. A friend of mine that works at the dealer showed me some paperwork that showed how much they made, and it said -3500. He said that they were dying to sell another RX-8 by today, so that they can get some kind of bonus from Mazda, whether they lost money on it or not. Whatever, all I know is I feel like I made out like a bandit. :D

I loved my MSP, and believe it or not, the last 3 hours of deliberation weren't over numbers, they were whether I wanted to part with it. I will sorely miss the MSP, but I just couldn't pass up an opportunity to own the car I originally wanted when I bought my MSP. Sigh...bitter sweet...I'll still be around, and I'll let you guys know if I do anything to the 8, but right now I'm still in shock...

If anyone cares, People's Mazda in Las Vegas has my MSP. It has 17,000 well maintained miles. Mostly highway and freeway. I don't know how much they're gonna ask for it though, but hey...

Last edited:
OMG...thats it, i'm goin to the dealership to pick up an oil filter tomorrow. the same thing better happen to me!

Yes sir. He said something along the lines of..."with the SRT-4 craze, we need something on our lot to satisfy that demographic. I want your car in my inventory and I'll bend over backwards to get it."

Congratulation. Sometimes deal have to move cars off their lots just to meet their quota with Mazda so they can some special type of dealer you know. I think you just got a very lucky break in that they have to sell (end of the year probably) and you're in the right place. But to the dealership, they still made money, not on that car perhaps, but in the future with all maintenace and repairs, as well as holdbacks from Mazda (if the car was sold fast), and quota bonus from Mazda or some kind of performance bonus. So what color did you get your RX8?? How about providing some pics??? Congratulation!!!

Wow congrats that is way cool. Awsome deal and you get the car you say you wanted. Now stuff some ponnies in that thing so it can start going fast :)

Heh thanks guys, I was expecting flames...

Actually the color is titanium gray. Haha, I enjoyed the color of it on my MSP, so I figured I couldn't go wrong. I was real close to getting black though. I'll take some pics as soon as I get ahold of a digi cam...

shaolin said:
Heh thanks guys, I was expecting flames...
as long as u dont trade it in for a NEON everyone will love you.
and have fun with the RX8 im sure ur loving the 6 speed and the nice seats..
did u get navi ?
wow its a really nice car .

OH and DONT try to race MSPs ull be pWned..
sorry didnt feel like editing this into my original post

Great deal! You don't have to worry about those bushings anymore! Now we need a "RX8 First impressions" and a "MSP-RX8 comparison" threads (from an insider LOL) :)

wow.......18k on trade-in..

im pretty sure I would do that deal myself.........if of course I fit in the rx8.....which i dont

Great deal on the trade in, but I keep seeing RX-8s for around 22k.
I wish I could afford one too! Congrats!

Yeah, you got lucky!!! They probably needed to move one more unit to get a bonus or something...so even though they took a 3500 hit...they made out when all was said and done as far as managment bonuses are concerned. It was a win/win situation for you and the dealership, with MazdaNA paying for it!! Congratulations man!! So what options did you get? I love driving RX8s at my dealership, I always say it's the only car I would trade my car for. ROTARY POWER MOTHER FUCKER!!!!

slug420 said:
wow.......18k on trade-in..

im pretty sure I would do that deal myself.........if of course I fit in the rx8.....which i dont

I know what you mean. i test drove one and my head kept hitting the roof. definately not for taller people but a nice ride none-the-less.

Back