Remapping the ECU...

Puccio

Someone in my family is a major car buff. He told me about a friend of his who had a tricked out camero, so he brought it into the place he worked(he was at a chevy dealer at the time) and remapped the ECU with a police program or whatever you'd like to call it. it took 1/2 second off his 1/4 mile. my question is, is it at all possible with proteges, thusly including MP3s. I know you can't put in a new chip like on a Jetta 1.8T, but I'm just wondering....

I'm sure we could add some hp to the mp3 by breaking emission regulations. real question is... who has the in at mazda??

------------------
enry, protegemp3.com webmaster

I'm working on it guys.Mazda canada told my parts manager a catolouge with parst will be available early next year for mp3-p5-2.0l protege

at WWW.venom-performance.com they have a chip for up to the 2000 protege and i would assume that they will be coming out with a chip for this car as well.

does any one know if the engine in the protege the same as the focus ztec engine, just wondering

On the venom website..where is the 2000 chip? i only see up to 1997 unless I'm looking at the wrong place. If you could send an exact link, that'd be really helpful. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back