3M Xpel Clear Bra

Status

Ok, well I finally took the plunge on the clear bra. I'd looked at a number of the 3M products and the Llumar Paint Protection Films.

Llumar was the most expensive quote I got at $900 for a full front end job. I got two other quotes for Xpel at $700 and $475, for the front end. All three were from reputable installers. I eventually decided with my wallet and got Llumar on the lights and Xpel on the body.

I can safely say that the install looks great and think that the protection is well worth it. I can, sadly, say that if you own a white car (like mine) that you should go with the clearer Llumar film. Xpel does have a very slight yellowish tint (note this is the new Xpel with the newer adhesive that's supposed to be clearer then the older adhesive). From 10' you can't see the tint change, but standing at the bumper, you can quite plainly see where the film is and isn't.

Oh, I'm very relieved to have it on there. I drove for four months cringing every time I was behind a semi, dump truck or saw a cloud of dust. Thankfully I only found one minor ding and the install guy only found one other (again minor). So my 3 got lucky and lasted until I could save up the cash for it.

Any other color then white, wouldn't show the Xpel color distortion. I highly recommend it, if you can afford it.

Back