painted gauge needles

Rism

:
2003 WRX
Well I decided to go through with it and paint my gauge needles silver. Wasnt as hard as i expected only it took a while masking off everything but the needles.

Rism2k-gauge.jpg

Rism2k-guage1.jpg

Got too late and wasnt enough light to get a pic of them back in the car, will have one tomorrow though.

looks like he left them on, and just covered everything with paper and tape.

Looks great. I need to do mine also. What color silver did you use? Was it just standard spray paint?

Thanks,

Rism said:
Rism2k-gauge3.jpg

Getting some daveb rings to compliment the silver
Holy s***.... as of this morning, we have the exact same Milage
Dammit... where's my Camera when I need it.

Be11ydawg said:
Looks great. I need to do mine also. What color silver did you use? Was it just standard spray paint?

Thanks,
Its some silver metallic spray paint i got at autozone. The pic doesnt do it justice, there are silver flakes in the paint you cant see in the pic.

looks good!

what tape did you use the mask over the needles? the needles are brittle right cause i always hear ppl breaking them so i wanted to know what tape isn't too sticky so they won't break the needles when i pull them back off..

Tesa general purpose masking tape, its $0.89 at home depot got 2 rolls for the price of one name brand roll. tape the needles like i did but when u pull them off dont try to unstick them just slide it off the needle it should come off easy.

Back