rims stains

Just a thought: You might want to scope out your rims for any stains. I am currently have Mazda get me a new set because I had staining that they believe came from the whole sanding, polishing, clear-coating process. I think though that the dealership sprayed a cleaning chemical that when mixed with my brake dust caused the stains...they are getting replaced though so that's all that matters. Any one find this problem?

I have the same problem. One of my wheels has those same brake dust looking stains that wont come out. My dealership is getting me a new wheel but they told me they are currently on national backorder, so it may be a while before new wheels come in.

I don't have a brake dust stain, yet, but I do have a rust spot on one of the wheels. Think they'll replace that? It's hideous!

Rust stains on the actual wheels or just on the silver center cap area? I have read elsewhere of other MP3 owners having rust on the center cap bolts, for which they were able to get their dealers to order new ones for them.

I actually have 1 of my wheel bolts that is rusting.. i tough they where stainless.. gonna b**** to my dealer in a week or 2...

btw do you guys clean your mags completly? ie use the anti-brakedust to make them look kick ass even on the inside?

Well the dealership is replacing mine, but they said it would only be a few weeks. The rims are only on the MP3 so they take longer to get. I haven't seen any rust yet, hope I don't. How bad!

Back